Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

I add it at acid / color / flavor stage as well.

Anyone experiment adding MCT oil to the mix?

1 Like

Yes.

Mix cannabinoids into MCT then add at last step with flavors / color.

Doesn’t affect drying or texture in my experience.

3 Likes

If someone was interested in making some edibles, but didn’t have distillate, I’d assume you could use decarbed diamonds for this correct?

Following this thread has gotten me curious…

3 Likes

For sure.

2 Likes

another topic we talked about was using maltodextrin as @Killa12345 mentioned he talked with @CBNight about it as well. I was supposed to go find a post I vaguely recalled this one…

Infusing food sugar with bho/oil - #40 by cyclopath

I couldn’t remember Cyclodextrin for the life of me while on the phone.I was thinking that might be a better option vs Maltodextrin cause I was worried about the cannabinoids separating out because of MCT and making hot spots or ‘Magic Gummies’

seems like @raghanded answered one of my concerns with Maltodextrin/MCT as I was typing this

4 Likes

I’d think that would be an incredibly expensive way of infusing, but it would definitely work, yeah.

1 Like

ive been adding it at the end as well…i told him the way i was doing it this morning…im wondering whos method is better.

I think @Dred_pirate was the original one who had mentioned the maltodextrin to me as a way he was adding it to hot coco or something…

3 Likes

Are you guys using a homogenizer? Or just normal mixer

3 Likes

Blend it with disty to achieve a thc powder.

Make flour for cooking pancakes, waffles, fried chicken, bread etc and whatnot.

Can blend it with sugar and powdered milk in a k cup style delivery.

All sorts of wonderful applications.

8 Likes

Cost is relative.

Diamonds I make = 0.00

Distillate = more than that lol

3 Likes

I use a hot plate/stirrer and let every thing stay hot and stirring while I fill the molds with the pipette.

7 Likes

Care sharing the free diamond SOP? Shit I will pay for it. :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Well yeah it’s relative, but comparing apples to apples, I’d think distillate is more cost effective, no? Thus, why every single infused product manufacturer uses it…

Like, if you were making both in house, distillate made from trim would be cheaper to produce than THCA isolate from nice starting material (more expensive than trim), and then would still need to be decarbed and lose 13% of its weight.

You getting free diamonds on splits or what? $0.00 cost sounds like a darn good business model lol.

2 Likes

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Can’t beat $0.00 diamonds

3 Likes

Just disty, powder and blend? It sounds line in that thread post I linked cyclopath was saying you need a solvent to encapsulate the thc…maybe I misread/misunderstood
@Killa12345 he is also doing it on the stove and not sous vide maybe easier to add disty to gelatin mixture.

1 Like

If you are making a powder I highly doubt it will have any “liquid” solvent in there.

No, its not just powder and blend. There is a ratio, temperature, and powerful enough mixer to accomplish this feat.

@BG305, 0.00 of additional costs to me lol.

@ZizzleB, I agree with all of what you’re saying, but I make relatively small batches of extracts for personal use. I don’t have the gear to make distillate, nor do I have the volume to make any either.

For me to play along with everyone, I gotta make do with what I got!

Plus it’s not like I’d take an entire batch and experiment with it!

2 Likes

Sorry bro. So the SOP is bloom the 300 in a zippy in a pot with water, cook the sugar/corn syrup till clear on low heat. When the gel and sugar are clear I pour them into a 1k ml beaker on my hot plate and turn the stir bar on. I then add my color, citric and disty/cbd blend. Let the stir bar do its thing and then fill the molds with a pipette.

4 Likes

I didn’t mean to reply to you I was talking to dread, I do something similar to you gonna add the hot plate

2 Likes