Kushy Punch style packaging

Would like to achieve this style of packaging like kushy punch. Anybody have insights? Looked at this blister packaging machine but I’m not sure if it is the right style.

6 Likes

That’s definitely blister packaging. That machine looks like it could get the job done. I prefer German engineering and design (smaller footprint, more precision…) – and would go with Uhlmann for this kind of work.

If you decide to go with this machine - first make sure you can get films that will run on it from somewhere like Alcoa and make sure that the temperature at the sealing station actually cools enough to not melt your product - I see that they list the cooling system as “tap water” - I’ve always used a glycol chiller in the past, because the sealing temperature is very important.

Good luck with your quest!

3 Likes

Thanks dude really good info, definitely take me far. The gummies are premade and then packaged yes? I thought they could possibly be filling the mixture directly into the blister package

1 Like

The machine you showed looked like it has filler add-ons that would pump the gummies into your formed mold - so you wouldn’t have to pre-mold them.

The Uhlmann has something similar - but in my experience it fills out the mold. Which makes getting the gummy out weird? Like it sticks to the inside - that could be a good or bad thing. And you’d certainly have to work out what kind of filling nozzle you want.

Looks like the filler can do like 22 gummies a minute - faster than a human? Probably. :slight_smile:

@MillerliteRN? you’re beating that considerably with ketchup bottles yes?

5 Likes

Tell me the ways please :star_struck:

I’m not sure where @Cassin found the 22 gummies per minute, but I’m on my tablet and Alibaba does not always play nice. I’m assuming he is refering to 22 Packaged products per min. Well if that’s the case no I cant do that. But 22 individual gummies, no problem. If gummies get sealed up immediately, they will be tacky on opening. Pouring directly into the packaging, is very attractive. That machine could produce multiple products: honey, ghee, peanutbutter, gummies…

2 Likes

Is a gummy recipe very different than a jello recipe? You could make jellow shots no?

Jello has more water, a lot more water.
But gummy shots, why not.

1 Like

so you haven’t looked at Gummy recipe and SOP inside or Need gummy recipe (recipe inside) yet?

2 Likes

I have, I just have never made jello

1 Like

its easy…you stick jello powder in hot water mix…stick in the fridge…that simple…you should give it a whirl sometime…

1 Like

I gotta, ur right

1 Like

Any way to infuse it :face_with_monocle:

absolutely.

You could easily do a alcohol/cannabis jello shot by putting your cannabinoids in some alcohol and then make the jello just like you make jello shots.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.