Isolate Lab Review @ruderalis710

Just experienced another waxy isolate nightmare so I figured I would start this thread to help protect potential CBD isolate buyers from manufacturers with poor quality product and also notify those manufacturers of the need to improve their manufacturing processes.

I purchased 120kg CBD isolate through High Purity Extractions. The manufacturing lab was Commonwealth Extracts in Louisville KY. @Ruderalis710 (Tim from High Purity Extractions / High Purity Natural Products) was my sales rep.

I ended up picking up 120kg from Commonwealth Extracts in Kentucky. They sent along a supposed 44kg for another tolling client. The lab tech that assisted in loading the vehicle identified 4 buckets that belonged to the tolling client. I later found out those 4 buckets only totalled to 36kg and they included one of his buckets into my total purchase of 120kg.

Not only did this business transaction result in the purchase of poor quality product but I was shorted approximately 8 kilos.

The isolate received had an extremely high wax and lipid content. The buyer had discovered this after converting to THC and distilling. Post distillation product was very cloudy.

Luckily I am equipped to handle this sort of setback. If I had been a new entrant to the CBD>THC conversion scene the purchase of starting material like this would have bankrupted me.

I have attached some videos of their product dissolved in Methanol to do a room temp winterization. Check out the amount of lipids! Also check out the customer service response!

Seller : High Purity Natural Products / High Purity Extractions

Manufacturer : Commonwealth Extracts, Louisville, Kentucky

For the 95% of the marketplace that are converting I would advise you to stay away.

8 Likes

Welcome to the Chad Market.

13 Likes

I’m happy to fully disclose in private the entire conversation and situation about this purchase and prior interactions with Steven to anyone interested. There are many more details untold above.

We as a company are still conversing with @Stevenvhoang to ensure we make this right for him. Customer satisfaction is one of the highest priorities in our company. We have already had an initial leadership meeting and have planned a roundtable discussion with Steven for Monday. I’m genuinely sorry that he is having difficulty with his conversion process after visually inspecting and approving our product and COA in person while picking it up at the production facility.

Please keep things professional and positive, as we have always done in the past and will continue to do in the future. We are here to build relationships, learn alongside others, and truly level up together.

1 Like

At the same time, what is a company willing to do to assist in a thorough “Inspection” upon pickup? Should people start doing conversion runs in the parking lot? If shit was bunk, shit was bunk. I’d be a frustrated customer if I was reading about scheduled round table meetings to discuss why he’s having issues after “visually inspecting and approving” a product that, as shown by him, has issues.

I also have zero interest or experience in conversion lol. Just politic’in

4 Likes

That actually is not the conversion process. It is the removal of lipids from the actual isolate. We are dissolving in methanol to do a room temperature winterization.

I wouldn’t be posting this if I was not having issues. Plain and simple. Lets see how they are going to “make this right”

I am keeping it civil. Just letting the marketplace know that isolate sold by High Purity Natural Products / High Purity Extractions will contain a high amount of lipids. This isolate is not suitable for anyone doing conversions. That means this isolate is not suitable for the majority of the market.

4 Likes

Some stuff must be disclosed in private. Such transparency. Honest people have nothing to hide. I wonder why they need to discuss matters in private.

1 Like

What potency did their isolate COA claim?

4 Likes

That was what @Ruderalis710 initially sent as COA.

That is their claim that the product being rewinterized in the buckets. Is 99+%

1 Like

In the future you might samples the batch yourself before taking the whole lot. Take a few grams, dissolve in 2-3 mL polar solvent (ethanol, methanol, acetone, IPA,) per gram isolate and put in -20C freezer overnight and observe/filter any lipids on the lab bench.

6 Likes

Kind of hard when its not my facility and I flew in just to pick up this order. Wish I could have flown in with some jars and Methanol.

I guess there is a thing called trust. I trusted this company to deliver a quality product and they did not deliver. I went with a test order of 120kg to show that my test order size would be 120kg…

5 Likes

I’m not blaming you or saying you did anything wrong. I was just making a suggestion about how you might perform an easy field test for the presence of lipids in the future. I’m of the belief that the burden of quality falls to the manufacturer, but as you’ve learned from this snafu that some additional due diligence can save you some heartbreak. Trusting a stranger/cannabis person/anyone to the tune of $50,000 could really hurt your business if its ever a total cataclysmic loss.

Might I suggest that instead of trying to bring methanol to the CBD sample that you instead have the producer mail you a sample of the CBD and you do the wet chemistry under your own roof before spending the time/airfare for the actual pickup. This doesnt stop them from sending you a sample from Lot A and then selling you Lot B, but logistically it sounds more convenient. Although, without any other options I’m sure any processor will have some ethanol, IPA or Acetone laying around for you to borrow a few milliliters. You could also use some like…everclear or possibly denatured alcohol from home depot (I havent tested this last one but I can think of reasons why it would work…and reasons why it might not). The solvent used doesnt have to be safe for consumption is my point, its just a field test that you waste out afterwards.

6 Likes

coa-1594656543-file-user-id-1.pdf (316.6 KB)
Please see the attached results from Kaycha Labs on this CBD Isolate.

Upon arrival to pick up products from our facility if a client asks for a solubility test we will be glad to complete it in person. We have previously sent photos and videos of dissolving our product into solvents to give customers confidence. We are also happy to offer in house cannabinoid analysis to compare to third party testing.

@Stevenvhoang did you have any wax/lipid issues with the 170 kilos you bought from me yesterday?

4 Likes

No. Awesome stuff. You and Mike are definitely good people!

8 Likes

I wouldn’t post something like this if it didn’t happen. I am a real buyer. I don’t joke around.

I have ~20kg of waxes that I have filtered out and i was short 8kg. Instead of being a hostage to hoping for a $14k reimbursement, I am choosing to help others by letting people know the truth about my transaction with @Ruderalis710.

I chose not to sell out and remain quiet and hope for them to “make it right.” I would rather someone see this sooner and save that person from making the same mistake that I did. $14k loss today and much much more in time cost. But tomorrow I’ll make it back with @Mosaic_Co-Labs.

12 Likes

We appreciate the positive feedback regarding our products @Stevenvhoang.

Too often people only relay their negative experiences

10 Likes

Wow… Out of 30 kilos we have filtered out 1/5 of a 32 gallon trash can in waxes so far. This 120 kilo purchase turned into 112 kilos received and is on track to be 40 to 70 kilos of actual CBD :rofl:.

Too trusting and comfortable with strangers and this is what happens.

Good thing all I need to do is spend 2 days reacting 60 good kilos to recover. If I had been an average Joe a rip off like this would have bankrupted him/her/them.

Straight up pulled a gun and took the $

9 Likes

Why don’t you bring them to court before you do the conversion

2 Likes

This could be the correct COA.

But do you know how they calculate the concentration in this lab ?
I see they don’t use in internal standard here, and that this is HPLC data.

Are the data calibrated with pure CBD, and calculated from sample concentration ?
Or do they just convert the %area to a concentration with some sort of simple mathematics ?

Because if this is the second, that’s where such large error would come from.
Wax are not going to appear in such analysis.

Quantitative analysis of CBD isolate to that degree of precision normally requires very good skills, and calibration right before or after the measurment. If you want to have such level of analysis, you should ship the isolates to me. :microscope::man_scientist:

4 Likes

Sorry this happened to you. I’ve Been burned quite a few times so I feel your pain.

2 Likes