Inventing

He did, FOR HIS LAST TIME… :rofl:

Then I got the sads…

Silicone+potholder

I’ll find a little lab stand or whatever tf those things are called thats a tall screw rod/push rod depending but most hotplates have them, mine does, but I already have an idea in my head

Ideally you could take it off the hot plate. Why don’t you use a sous vide and bottles like @millerlitern ?

If I could like this i would lmao

Poor fucker. Reminds me of that rabbit I scared off

Honestly I dislike wild rabbits. Fuckers mess up my yard and shit in it and are a nuisance to my outdoors when I had them

1 Like

I cook my mix in a pot, use syringes to suck into and dispense into molds

thats so smart, how was it made?

I prefer the term full blown grown man boy child, thank you very much, now where’s my Capri sun?

Honestly this hits close to home, I always said as a kid I wanted to be an inventor “to help people”, and well, I make things to do just that, there’s a certain level of content that comes with knowing I didn’t throw it away…

I’d say anyone here has got to be pretty crafty to be here doing things.

I used to build remote controlled vehicles, I started with cars, then race quads like 6 years back. (Oh god), I soldered LED’s under my long boards. I wanted to patent a TV remote beeper when I was 8.

Wowzers this brought memories back…

Made me dig up an old video…

2 Likes

Thats pretty cool, what types of parts did you use to build your remote controllers?

1 Like

I’ll try it for my CBD ones specifically

Good question! Without me for sure!

4 Likes

:joy: depressing but I appreciate the humour

4 Likes

thats very funny, sounds like you’re tried of the industry, do you still have love for it?

1 Like

More tired is a good description, but tired of the industry is not the way I would personally describe it.

Sorry to say that at age 78, I don’t have nearly the energy or passion that I still did when I entered the industry at age 64. What a difference a decade and a half make closer to the tail (tale) end.

I’m still marveled and amazed as new technology is unveiled, still embrace the first rate people I met in our industry, but also met some of the worst, so am more cynical overall from the experience.

A little like watching what happens at the gold rushes, once we cleared away the legal obstacles.

I had the good fortune to be retired and enter the industry at exactly the right time for my mechanical gifts and training to have the most impact getting the ball rolling under a legal OMMP license.

I continue to build toys for amusement, using what I learned in the cannabis industry, but expect the major advancements in cannabis processing to come from other industries who have been doing the same sorts of things with legal material for decades, and the bright young minds trained in the latest and greatest.

I still “love” the industry enough to continue to mentor on several cannabis forums, and as you can see by the following link, my experiments and articles still include cannabis:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/component/sppagebuilder/?view=page&id=4

17 Likes

Respect to you @Graywolf. That’s beautiful.

It’s people like you that liason the body of knowledge to the next generation to pick it up and keep moving…

I don’t know what the future holds for this industry, I suspect you are correct that the chemical processing industry will make it hard once federal happens, the future isn’t written and certainly uncertain.

I just hope the dreamers still get their chance to shine.

2 Likes

Remotes were off the shelf, Spektrum transmitters and receivers, had an aluminum and carbon fiber chassis, 8000kv motor, with 7.4v lipo, with an absurd gear ratio, fits in a shoebox, can crush 90+ miles per hour. The ratio was so tight I tried a 3 cell lipo, and it fried my electronics due to the gear ratio putting too much resistance into the system. It was a fun project. Built it from ages 13-23.

The thing practically shredded itself apart, I have it in perfect working order, and shelved it, once I got into racing quads, showing off my drones to some people in the park nearly landed me a job at DHS, I still wonder what would have happened if I said “yes”.

I used to have cool hobbies…

2 Likes

what did they want you doing at dhs

2 Likes

That’s what kept me from saying yes. :rofl:

I didn’t know that I would have agreed with what I would be tasked with, so I politely declined. Mind you this was during Obama and his “programs”. Somebody with my skill set would probably be tasked with surveillance and flight operations in one of those drone “boxes” they stick people in.

Her hippy of a husband (and wonderful oil painter) gave me the nod of approval when I said “I may have moral or ethical concerns with the work.”

They also gave me a sweet rug, really tied the room together, they were sweet people. They were cool neighbors, and this brought back fond memories.

1 Like

I found the old pictures!!

6 Likes

On a side note, I have wanted to take my knowledge of small electronics and apply it to utensils used in the lab. But the time and what not, maybe I will come up with my rough draft designs. Just gotta find the tinkering time, and monies to play with.

(Rubs hands)

“I’ll show you nerds that I too, can nerd”

3 Likes