Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Damn really? Howd they get free running dry ice cold…well fuck me and I learn something everyday!

They are dissolving in the etoh when hot

If that’s the case then YESSSSSSS LOL and nooo lol…I still don’t trust sending out the ones I already filled

pretty sure because of its polarity butane picks up some amount of fats no matter what, the colder you are the less you get but even guys that run cold on frozen material and use an inline dewax for 2 hours still pull fat if they further refine through ethanol winterization albeit much, much less.

4 Likes

Correct, the powders would fall out not float to the top.

4 Likes

I also say its fats/lipids. I noticed a small increase in yield when I run cold solvent/material as compared to including dewaxing in the process.

5 Likes

From the looks of it the mistake I made was not baking my b80. I will try again tomorrow with some baked media in my 3in x 36in in CRC column.

3 Likes

Now that I think about was hot as balls that night. I ran material 2x w no jacket just froze prior
2 run,ran recover ran recover. It definitely warmed up. Getting use to the 3" rig, first summer with her

3 Likes

I dissolved a sample of my product on ethajizz to see if any media was passing through…didnt look like it…but this gel consistency is fucking weird…I just want it to sugar and it wont…anyone getting a steady gel on da reguluur? Is it normal? I don’t think I like it.

It’s super hot and humid up here. If I don’t have dry ice I’ll often wrap my 3" in pipe foam and reflective Insulation sheeting. I’ve had inside columns stay freezing for hours after runs. I seen someone on the thread using it as well. Works for small runs. Again I only use a 3".

2 Likes

can you please send me a catalog

That’s perfect I never thought that awesome!

1 Like

Gel? Why the gel? Whyyyyyyyyyy

I had a texture like that a few times, usually when i recover too much tane for the pour. But it still crashes for me

3 Likes

Check out NB Oler SINTERED TRI-CLAMP FILTER much better then filter papers and aren’t too much

1 Like

I started researching bleaching clays, MagsilPR, and degumming agents in 2016 to combat pesticide residues that were managing to persist through distillation. From that I forged a relationship with Clariant to bring engineered clay to our industry, starting with T41 which was also branded as Cbleach for a bit. I kept digging through the available clays from Clariant to find a functionalized filtration media for the ethanol extraction community…T5.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think those research projects would play a part in what this thread has become!! We had anecdotal reports from customers that silica and carbon could be used in a BHO column but they told us to keep it quiet, and we did. Confidence and trust are valuable to Carbon Chemistry.

I’m so proud of every fucking one of you for pushing this technique waaay beyond anything that could have been googled. Look for butane chromatography…ain’t much there in literature, haha!

I started off open blasting but was one of the first people to make CLS shatter worth selling in dispos in the SF area, as Alpha Extracts(2013-2015). If sauce and CRC had existed back then…my life would have gone in a totally different direction. I’m stoked to be on this path with all of you, in this way, at this time.

Cheers.

33 Likes

Nevermind got it all to sugar. All is well in Rainbowp3nisLand 8==D~~:heart::heart::heart:

Much luv, bruv. Glad to be on this venture with you. It would be crazy if these were were introduced to the game years ago. Imagine how far we will go in the coming years.

I’ll message you more about the Portland class. We are going to do a Saturday class, as well as the Sunday. There are two days available now. We’re doing a live demonstration with a bizzybee jangle. And teaching about passive.

12 Likes

Ive been talking to Boris and our team has samples on the way for participants.

@Dred_pirate Cheers 'mano

3 Likes

Has anyone ran into issues running two columns through a single crc? I’m concerned about doing an n2 push on the first column and disturbing the media before the second column is injected. Was hoping to eliminate using 4 stacks per run because that’s a lot of clamps to put assemble and dissemble but also don’t want to run into any issues. Trying to make the process as efficient as possible.

Get both columns to inject and passing through the media at the same time, so that you push with nitrogen to clear the column around the same time and shouldn’t disturb your process. If you are able to, that is.

3 Likes

Unfortunately the ets Mep collection is very small and can’t hold that much solvent. I guess I can just have 8 sintered discs to save on cleaning and packing time.

2 Likes