Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Ive been talking to Boris and our team has samples on the way for participants.

@Dred_pirate Cheers 'mano

3 Likes

Has anyone ran into issues running two columns through a single crc? I’m concerned about doing an n2 push on the first column and disturbing the media before the second column is injected. Was hoping to eliminate using 4 stacks per run because that’s a lot of clamps to put assemble and dissemble but also don’t want to run into any issues. Trying to make the process as efficient as possible.

Get both columns to inject and passing through the media at the same time, so that you push with nitrogen to clear the column around the same time and shouldn’t disturb your process. If you are able to, that is.

3 Likes

Unfortunately the ets Mep collection is very small and can’t hold that much solvent. I guess I can just have 8 sintered discs to save on cleaning and packing time.

2 Likes

I know exactly what you mean, then. I would try to recover as much as possible, not needing what you have left in the column, recover the column, and then inject the next.

If I would have known that you were running an ets I would have known my answer before I said it.

2 Likes

Running my material 2x with no jacket and not refreezing was bad idea… I’ll never wash twice again!

GD that’s tons fats/lipids

Do fats look like “Phish scales coca cola?”

This was room temp winterization…

2 Likes

fats will appear white, the C.R.C process does nothing for lipids. No matter how cold that you run butane, it will always pick up fats and waxes.
Can you get your solids that you’ve collected to melt? That add one more point to the wax theory.

8 Likes

I think washing same materials 2x didn’t help, it started to thaw I think

Another one those trying to save couple gs got 6gs fats

Thanks buddy!

This looks much better thanks to the ethanol save!

3 Likes

are you guys running room temp butane or cold?

You are wrong on this one. if your material is frozen and your tane is sub zero where are you picking up fats waxed and lipids?

2 Likes

Definitely pick up a whole lot less…but they are there

4 Likes

you lose big amounts of thca in the dewaxing process. if your material is frozen and your tane is -60 where are you picking up fats waxes and lipids?

1 Like

I’m saying that they are soluble at room temp, and less and less soluble as the temp drops, but just like everyone’s favorite tryptamine will crash out with winterization because cold naphtha doesn’t like it, but it’s still there after all is crashed out

2 Likes

So even at -40, hardly soluble but there

1 Like

so what temp crashes out all the fats waxes and lipids?

so what temp crashes out all the waxes fats and lipids?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::cold_face::partying_face::alien::space_invader:

I need some operating tips on larger scale crc. I need to run atleast 100 lbs per day and would like to do so in a continuous feed type setup. I see questioned a few comments ahead of me something about doing multiple runs per one crc column. I have been doing this and so far most of the time it works great, every so often I get a failed crc column ( which I’ve concluded to be channeling things are fucked from the gate with almost no color remediation ) other than that I’m able to run multiple 6x48 ( 3-4 ) columns on a heavily packed 6X12 crc column before I notice it’s not working effectively. So as of now I can only seem to get 50-60 lbs per day using 2 trs21 recovery pumps per column being filled/recovered ( total of 4 pumps, 2 columns at a time separate collection pots per column). So I guess my questions are does anyone have experience running high volume crc and what is better multiple small crc columns constantly swapped out, or huge crc column with lots of adsorbents. And secondly how can I increase output ( I know simply by using better pumps like Haskell’s or MVP’s ) but any other suggestions would be great. Thanks In advance hopefully someone responds to this my other post didn’t get a single answer

2 Likes

There isn’t a temp that will stop butane from dissolving fats. The colder you get the less solubility that your solvent has in general, so you’ll pick up LESS undesirables but you’ll pick up less desirables as well.

8 Likes

I will say that when I don’t let my materials thaw I never pick this stuff up.

But it’s usually fast and cold AF wash, material solvent everything DI cold. I’ll stick w nano fats then by freezing w no 2nd stage dewax

1 Like