How to properly use a diamond miner / pressure vessel

I was just referring to transdermal shut, but that’s great to know
I know trying to filter it under vacuum can cause it to boil , what else is dangerous about it…
In addition to the fact that you shouldn’t be using your torch when offgassing pentane, and intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling can be harmful or fatal

Pentane’s LEL is even lower than propane or butane. It’s very flammable. But because it has a higher boiling point and is liquid at room temp people often handle it with less care than they would their butane or propane

4 Likes

Oh yeah that makes more sense. I was thinking that you were meaning a puck was forming above the HT. Gotcha, carry on haha

2 Likes

It’s flash point is pretty low, too. At 57°f it can make things go boom, very easily. I’ll only play with open pentane in the booth.

6 Likes

Hi so when I pored into the Diamond miner it was a couple inches away from filling up the Diamond miner I stacked for Runs into it so I’m sure it’s saturated when I left it over night it reached 15 psi when I connected it to the bar it went up to 20 I’ve vented it to 15 for 2 days but I still see quit a bit of liquid gas in there should I be waiting a little for it to evaporate down befor I clamp it down

if you’re SURE it’s saturated, why would you want to loose more solvent? (not saying you don’t, asking you to THINK about it and EXPLAIN your logic…)

hint: it speaks to saturation…

saturation

if you really want to wrap your head around this,

7 Likes

It was actually that video that inspired me to do my latest experiment, a simple butane re x in a miner, and its going quite well

6 Likes

Butane reX come out clean but tend to be the hardest to turn into loosies

3 Likes

That explains alot, they are definitely holding tight so far

1 Like

10 of these for sale, new in box. MSRP $1,300, Sale Price $300 each

1 Like

Hi I’m trying out your tech with the Diamond miner i have when you do your poor are you print it into the Diamond miner when’s its more of a liquid or when it’s more sappy I pours mine as a liquid it’s still has allot of butane gas liquid if only vented it to 15 psi the last 2 days I’m I dooing it right also i did connect it to the heater and set the temperature at 70

1 Like

Raise the temperature a little bit and vent more frequently

1 Like

wow thats clear

1 Like

How long do you freeze for and at what point do you decide to freeze it?

I have also done this. I have found the same numbers on melting points. I have found at this temp it takes several hours to fully activate.

Pour your run evaporate off excess butane
Then place in a -60 deg freezer over night is plenty of time. Then bring out to a cool room 68deg.

2 Likes

the msrp on these things is crazy we got a whole bunch of them from precision before i started digging into building my own and you can part it out on glacier tanks for a fraction of the cost haha 300 bucks is a good deal forsure

1 Like

going to give my first go at a pentane rex in a miner similar to the ones @Waxplug1 uses, I’ve been doing rex’s in jars for around 6-8 months now and feel pretty good about them. I dissolve at 1:1.5 THCA:Pentane and reduce to about 1:1 then seed, was wondering any major differences to be aware of/any tricks of the trade anyone is willing to share, thanks!

4 Likes

@bertgarcia

Use flat bottoms and build a seed grid if using pentane. Redissolve the isolate in a separate vessel and add slowly into the miner to not disturb the grid.

Use round bottoms if using butane to prevent the formation of a puck. The round bottom prevents pucks from being able to form. Drop a seed in through the 1/2” port by placing the seed in the nipple and cover with your finger to create a seal so that you can open the valve and drop the seed in without offgassing or messing with your current saturation level.

If you need miners I got both flat and round bottoms in stock.

Good luck and the only way to learn is to loose so if you fuck it up, that’s a good thing. Learn from it, redissolve, and try again :muscle:t3:

24 Likes

When you say “Low Pressure”; what is a good pressure range you’ve had success with (in PSI terms if you can please!)?