HexaHydroCannabinol and others

Any interest in HHC or H2CBD?

7 Likes

Absolutely interested in hhc lol, ever since I was 15 and read cannabis alchemist…

2 Likes

I was reading about it and found a way to make it. The only problem is dealing with it at large scale

4 Likes

I think the potencies claimed in the alchemist were a bit exaggerated from experiences I’ve read. A decade or two ago when you could readily pick up rc’s I remember reading about a pharma company in Israel that was producing it. Does your method avoid refluxing acetyl acetate for 12hrs?

1 Like

You talking about palladium or whatever the hell we were talking about at the glg event in CO?

2 Likes

Yeah palladium, Formic acid, in methanol

4 Likes

You could also use cyclohexene instead of formic acid

3 Likes

I just looked at your Ig, amazing to say the least. Do you know of any way to produce cannabavarian? And is it possible to produce THCV acetate?

3 Likes

I have a potential route to the varin analogs

6 Likes

Being able to actually synthesize different cannabinoinds, this makes me smile.

4 Likes

I dabbed some HHC from The Clear Scientist … Everyone told me not to try it because I hadn’t been dabbing for 2 weeks and they said I’d be too fucked up. I said fuck that, I’m always ready! They experienced a short duration but a potent head and body high. I found the effects very mellow and it wassmoothh to dab - tasteless…but after 30-45 minutes, once I sat down for dinner and started eating, I realized I was higher than I’ve been in a long time. I did take 2 very nice diamond dabs after the HHC, but it felt like the first time I smoked some black, soupy hash oil on a joint. Slow onset, very encompassing (mind and body), and long-lasting effects.

I need to try it again without any other dabs…
Has anybody eaten it?

4 Likes

I saw that on his IG. Looks like he is using hydrogen gas as his reduction source. Hydrogenators are dangerous and have the potential for explosions. I have a much better (non-explosive) source for protons.

7 Likes

The HHC is an interesting molecule, it definitely feels reminiscent of THC, but with a deeper influence on percieved balance, imo. By that I mean one of its major effects on me was a feeling like gravity was suddenly coming from the bottom left side corner of the room.

FARRR more psychoactively interesting was the HCBD, The hydrogenated CBD was very reminiscent of low level Ketamine intoxication, sans any dexterity or motor function loss.

They also had a hydrogenated Platinum Cookies life resin sauce that they called Palladium Cookies. That was odd indeed

Also fun to note, the HHC-a didnt crystallize, while the HCBD did. At least I believe that was the case, let me confirm

6 Likes

Are you talking about the cyclohexene being reduced or the 1,1-disubstituted alkene being reduced?

reduced the cyclohexene in the Parr Shaker in pure ethanol, iirc

Forget that. I wasted months of my life optimizing a reaction in a hydrogenator.

There are much better ways to reduce that olefin using other proton transfer sources.

3 Likes

I get that, its cool youve found a work around. hows the efficiency?

I didnt do this reaction, but i sure enjoyed the fruits of it

1 Like

It’s a known process on a different scaffold. That’s how I got through grad school and it hasn’t failed me yet.

2 Likes

H2CBD made in the lab.

7 Likes

I experienced a very similar effect. I described it as a difference in “body load pressure” compared with normal THC. Very similar, just a different frequency if that makes sense.

2 Likes