HexaHydroCannabinol and others

HHCA did crystallize readily btw

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-8IAMD7tO/?igshid=k3tfa7ir8wjt

2 Likes

Hydrogenated(H2) Cbd bares a resemblance to ketamine and itā€™s analogues if you squint just right and add an amine. Really seems like many of the substitutions are just reversed.

Have heard 6-CBD had similar ketamine-esque effects like you describe.

1 Like

Are you saying ketamine is a cannabinoid???

Not at all, itā€™s kind of similar but still very different structurally.

Just the second time Iā€™ve heard of CBD analogues having effects that the users compared to ketamine.

3 Likes

If you remove all the substitutions, your left with the same 1-phenyl-cyclohexane backbone, but thatā€™s where the similarities end

2 Likes

But do the similarities really end there???

Havenā€™t read the article yet but looks interestingā€¦ Maybe they are more related than anyone thought???

6 Likes

The interplay of cannabinoid and NMDA glutamate receptor systems in humans: preliminary evidence of interactive effects of cannabidiol and ketamine in healthy human subjects

And

Well, Iā€™ll be damned @broken_glassware @Psilisophical

7 Likes

holy shit, this is awesome @broken_glassware good eye.

@Dabatronicus @anon93688
So you guys made the hcbd? id love to get my hands on some more.

2 Likes

@Psilisophical I did not try the H2-CBD he produced or anybodies for that matter. Very interested in the reduced cyclohexene like you tried more though and the fully reduced H4 analogue as well.

@anon93688 Really be cool to make and test the 3-methylamino and 3-piperidine analogues (aryl bond at the cyclohexane, Cbd numbering is weird). Donā€™t have any access to a real database to search the molecule. Iā€™ve tried various naming schemes and havenā€™t found anything on google scholar

Would be cool to try with both Cbd and the hydrogenated analogues, maybe work up from there with other strategic substitutions to compare the structure activity relationships of both.

It would also be cool to slap a pentyl or dimethylheptyl tail on ketamine

2 Likes

Are you wanting HHC or H2CBD?

1 Like

Draw these in the Element app and send them to me. Iā€™ll start looking for a way to make them.

App wasnā€™t working great so hand drawn

^^The 3-methylamino-H2-CBD analogue

Rough idea of H2-substitutions to explore the small series. (B) is piperidine

You could also substitute the Alkene for a carbonyl and/or add a chlorine meta to the hydroxyl to further explore the SAR between the two compounds(ketamine and CBD for those not following)

These are obv. not all direct additions and may require different starting compounds to work up.

3 Likes

Yo I already know how I am going to access these.

3 Likes

Seems like something that could be turned into paper or two.

2 Likes

Publications are political and I donā€™t want to be involved with that crap. Patents sure.

2 Likes

h2cbd. the hhc as well but the h2cbd is much more peculiar in my mind. not to mention its acetate ester

i misunderstood you before. it was the fully reduced analogue.
Also, I have heard of co-encapsulations with piperidine, but never actual chemical bonding. that would be quite fascinating

@Psilisophical send me your email and I can get you the procedure for H2CBD.

Edit: included tag

1 Like

The piperidine analogue would be the equivalent of the classical ketamine relative, PCP*. Avoided mentioning it due to stigma.

Personally, these compounds are intriguing academically, but shouldnā€™t be tried in humans without extreme care.

Itā€™s unlikely they are even active but it would be cool to see, atleast in animal models

*Just realized why itā€™s called PCP, Phencyclidine never made sense. Phenylcyclohexane piperidine however, makes all the sense

4 Likes

same needed; if you will . :pray:

Good luck, considering he hasnā€™t been online for over 20 months

2 Likes