Hello - Chocolatier Introduction

Hello everyone. Just want to make a quick introduction. I have been lurking daily for a year and finally decided to join so I can contribute.

I am a trained Chocolatier with 5 years experience working in both the legacy and legal markets. Looking to talk all things chocolate and cannabis.

Nice to meet you all. I look forward to becoming an active member of the community.

60 Likes

Welcome! When making chocolate from scratch, how do you get the correct temper and keep it as long as possible?

3 Likes

Its all about maintaining the proper temperature throughout the process.

9 Likes

Those are beautiful!

Is there a place where I can purchase some of your chocolates?

I’m actually looking for some nice chocolate for a gift for my gf and my family for xmas, and I’d much rather support a member here over just googling some random site to order from.

4 Likes

I am in Canada so I can’t ship. Looking to make a move to bring these chocolates to the US

6 Likes

Bummer, I was excited to try some of your goods haha.

When you do make that move, lemme know, I’ll order some asap!

3 Likes

Those look out of this world. What’s your favorite type chocolate to make? What’s the easiest yet greatest chocolate product in your opinion?

where in Canada ?

Welcome to the Future!

Looks awesome!
Do you have a IG or other pics to share?!
Whats your favorite or preferred way to include cannabinoids into your chocolates?

I will start a thread with some pictures. Thanks for the interest

8 Likes

Bars are easiest. I prefer making truffles or bon bons as you can really add some flair and showcase your style

5 Likes

I’m assuming those are chocolate eyes in your profile pic. They look nuts

2 Likes

Ontario

2 Likes

This is a off subject comment but this one time in 06 a group of friends went on a fear of loathing adventure in nola and we found ourselves creating new words. I assure you I’m not trying to dechocolatetize you lol
Dechocolatetizer

3 Likes

Cool, Im in BC now, but I have made many chocolates in legacy and LP markets on both sides of the border.

I don’t dose the chocolate itself tho, I infuse the fillings because adding disty or oil to the chocolate effects the temper & prevents type 5 formations in couverture. Nothing sucks more than buying thc choco’s in the summer and having them melt cuz they are infused lol

Glad to see another chocolatier on these boards!

11 Likes

You’re a godsend. lol.

You have a preferred place you order molds from?

1 Like

No but belgium is hands down the best place to get your chocolate. I dont recommend using silicone molds, I prefer PTFE but they are expensive, polycarbonate work just fine. When choosing a mold, consider the ease of removing the finished chocolate. Complex shaped cavity’s can be a pain in the ass.

3 Likes

What’s the reason you don’t recommend silicone molds?

Move move move, those look incredible! Keep it up. Oh and welcome :wave:

Do you have any experience with using ultrasound to homogenize and influence the formation of beta crystals in your chocolates? @Thechocolatier

1 Like