Hello - Chocolatier Introduction

I don’t like silicone moulds because they tend to set with a lower shine than the hard molds

Also silicone molds are flimsy and tend to leave micro bubbles in the bottom of the cavity, with a hard mould you can tamp the warm chocolate to get the bubbles out.

2 Likes

I think you mean ultrasonics not ultrasound ?

They increase heat and will make your chocolate warmer in one spot. In chocolatiering even heat is super important, especially when the batch size is large

I did mean ultrasonics, I originally posed the question something like “have you tried to apply sonocrystalization to your tempering process” but didn’t think id get anything but a yes or no response.

This is the reason I ask.
https://core.ac.uk/display/20442286?recSetID=

Wang_Melissa.pdf (99.6 KB)

1 Like

as long as your chocolate is tempered, it will slide out of the cavity a lot more easily then if it isn’t

1 Like

Halloween LTO

15 Likes

Killer chocolates!

2 Likes

can we get some recipes maybe that your not using… we wanna have fun too…

8 Likes

Glad to have you! I’ve had some real issues accurately dosing chocolates. Never had much problem with other edibles…gummies, hard candies, cookies etc…

Came across this a while back and was wondering what your thoughts on this were. Have you ran into accuracy/testing issues when infusing pure chocolate?

2 Likes

Those eyeballs are sick, need to be redder for authenticities sake haha.

Bring your friends with other food skills, you dont make shit that badass without meeting some other bad asses along the way.

We need the whole damn meal, lol

3 Likes

Had eyeballs on the top of my wife and my wedding cake (that we fed to eachother). Wish they were as good as @Thechocolatier’s, but they were still way more fun than a boring traditional cake.

18 Likes

Wow!!

I have not tried it but the idea intrigues me, Interesting read, Thanks

2 Likes

^ the best gift for the fam. They’re fire and ship in the US.

When I was kid Id research weed in the library at school. The books available said that chocolate combined with thc to make it stronger. I just got fancy chocolate as a gift in the mail. Im torn whether to eat it or regift it.

Its the 1% theobromine in chocolate that enhances the high

3 Likes

I’m assuming you generally use high quality (high fat content) melting chocolate for your thc infused chocolates? Have you had issues with potency testing your chocolates ever? Specifically getting tested potencies significantly lower than they should be?

1 Like

I always felt choc got me fucked up

1 Like

Yes. I have seen some weird test results in the past. This can be mitigated by working with a lab that actually has a validated method developed for chocolate.

2 Likes

Whats the best country for chocolate sourcing?!

BELGIUM?!

Could you line the inside of the mold to prevent those negative results?