Gummy recipe and SOP inside

any tips on how to get/keep my gummies from holding air? when mixed with a
n immersion blender, i feel like they hold too many tiny air bubbles, and end up with a slight bubble Film on the top. looking for an effective way to de-aerate them before molding so im left with a clean, clear product.

3 Likes

I find the 500ml syringes they sell on Amazon do a better job. Plus they clean out easy af. Donā€™t try and suck the gummy up just pour it in and then stick the plunger in after. All the ketchup bottles are too thin and tend to suck at sealing :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

**Coat the plunger in mct before you stick it in

Thatā€™s what she said

4 Likes

Another gummy bomb dropā€¦ for the scrapers out thereā€¦

Goldblatt 12" by 4-inch Gum Rubber Float with Soft Handle - G02723 Amazon.com

These made the impossible, possible todayā€¦

5 Likes

If you think they are tools for the top scrapeā€¦ you are missing the purpose.

Although they did pretty good at that toā€¦lol

Who scrapes in 2022?

2 Likes

Itā€™s a shame you never got credit for that post!

1 Like

The folks that cant afford the 6 figure machines and are smart enough not to buy a table topā€¦ pice of shitā€¦

And have done their homeworkā€¦

:money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

:man_shrugging: I canā€™t believe you found it this much later. Are people still having that issue?

1 Like

Iā€™m currently placing crumbsā€¦ but I believe the answer to your question, is yesā€¦

1 Like

Pectin/agar is good but invert sugar & pectin is money. If anyone needs good gummy stuff check out AEP Colloids they have custom blends that will set whatever you want however you want.

5 Likes

Anyone have a link to a solid gelatin-pectin hybrid gummy?

Hows the cure time with them packed in there? Iā€™ve had to leave a little more air space to get our cure time down to 24 hours.

1 Like

That photo is unintentionally misleadingā€¦ it just happened to be the first photo with the insertā€¦finally in place. I took pans off the rolling racks to take the photoā€¦

The pan that has the 1, is how this is setup is to be usedā€¦
Two mats per pan 400 per matā€¦
They dont have to stay in long, thatā€™s itā€™s purposeā€¦

The pan with the 2, is the next step. And yes they are scrunched all together, just like the photoā€¦

The pan with the 3, are ready to be packaged up. And thatā€™s what the next/last step looks likeā€¦ in my neck of the woodsā€¦

How long dose all this take, you askā€¦that will be dictated by your : Ingredients and SOPā€¦
I will say this, we pack-up gummies at hour 4 to hour 60ā€¦ all depends on the finnished product your looking forā€¦

2 Likes

Facts !

1 Like

New type of gummy. Pectin core with the potential for a never ending top coat of gelatinā€¦

20221020_144816

I thought this would be a good way to pair flavorsā€¦

I see this as the next (add the fan leaves)way to get to 0.3% lol

Too difficult for retailā€¦

1 Like

Are you using that as a press to demold??

No, they help keep things clean and increase efficiency.

We are getting stainless tabletops customized because they were that helpfulā€¦

These turned out to be pretty good!

4 Likes