Gummy recipe and SOP inside

Now that’s some cleaning!!! Regardless of the cavities, that’s allot!

1 Like

Yeah 7 molds total @ 1781. I think I could squeeze 10 in total. Close to 18,000 cavities. I only own 1, only need 1, rinse & repeat.

Moved on to an outside manufacturer for the big stuff.

4 Likes

I should steal a McDonald’s dishwasher, err my bad, liberate a McDonald’s dishwasher for my own at home use. 60 second wash and everything is clean.

Vs 1-2 hours of a dishwasher going at it like a trailer park couple

2 Likes

I used the homogenizer, I did it with gelatin and it made it a whipped consistency. I did it mixing the oil veg glycerin and water and it worked good. Gummies came out clear and potent.

1 Like

@raghanded I will “NEVER EVER” use MCT oil in a sugar product. I’m 100% convinced it want mix properly.

7 Likes

How much oil are you using? That looks like a lot.

I’ve definitely used MCT before as carrier and there wasn’t issue in gelling or stability. It’s sold as well across a ton of brands:

MCT is used in confection polishing agents also.

What other sugars are you using? Any corn syrup? What kind of gelatin?

1 Like

This is rock candy this time. Its either corn syrup or sugar, that’s the two common ingredients for the gummies

1 Like

Like jolly rancher? Try PG.

2 Likes

I have COAs that back PG method.

2 Likes

Looking at these epic molds has me ready to upgrade. As much as the leaf ones ive been using are aesthetically pleasing and get a lot of compliments on the cuteness factor, i am aware that demolding is not as efficient as it could be and cleaning them is a bitch without a dishwasher, also havng only 25 cavities in each mold is just not enough.

So about the drying time- I just bought an excalibur dehydrator yesterday and i am hoping to be able to cure them up to the point where they can be packaged within the same day they are made as opposed to having to wait 2 or 3 days as I have been with the recipe I am currently using. Curious if anyone else uses or has tried using a dehydrator to speed up drying time?

1 Like

My suggestion would be to use a small amount of organic ethanol. It has been my method of choice for many candies.

5 Likes

Strong advice, :muscle: :100: :pray:

1 Like

what happens if someone touches something that isnt “organic” do you get cancer?

What up Otis.

If you get into a timing groove the days drying will be irrelevant. I used to pick up fpr ups about 50 000 worth of shipping costs for gm taillights reflectors daily. thy had to go to mexico to get the toxic shit applied to reflect. if they waited 2 days it ALL couldve been sipped ground and saved about a million on that batch. The cycle would be the same, make the reflectors ship them they return. But wouldve lost 2 days in the initial process of not shipping next day and just shipping ground.3 day

just leave the key near the door so i can get out in the morning to feed my police dog. On that show id imagine a police dog as a hound. My dog has an INCREDIBLE nose. is insane.

1 Like

Damn I guess you ate all of them in one sitting.
Rookie

5 Likes

dUDEthat would sux to eat that. id puke alot out but still. you almost induced me to eat a gummy but its too late.

my recipe is dry, no sugaring the outside. Im outta crappy oil so last batch the blue raspberry turned green? blue +yellow hash oill = green. also the first batch of thc ive homogenized= worked well. My threory is still to not make them taste like the best candy evver. I think mine tastes fine and I only eat a bit. My old ones were 500 mg of the same recipe and fucked everyone up too much. So I dont want it to taste so good people obverdose.

Id play barney better than otis- otis didnt talk alot.

1 Like