Gummy filling machines lets go

The pectin variances are wild.

4 Likes

like I said, its a fine line!

2 Likes

My set time has been like 3 minutes too with the fast set pectin from pacific pectin. Do you know anyways to draw that time out longer?

there are ā€œslow-settingā€ pectins you can look into that do work, but sometimes affect the consistency/texture of the final product. the main trigger of the gummies setting is the acid. less acid will mean a slower set but will lead to a softer gummy usually. More acid will make a more firm gummy, but set quicker

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found the DE of the syrup you use makes a difference too

The thicker the syrup (lower de) the faster it sets

really?? we havenā€™t really tried that. the DE on our corn syrup is 42 so that would make sense.
does the end product come out the same?

1 Like

You can cross link pectins using a base as well

yeah maybe someone could, but we arenā€™t doing anything like this, we just make edibles :joy:

5 Likes

What kinda numbers are you talking about?

How many candies are you wanting to make?

Iā€™ve used this guy in the past. Works very well, stupid simple and very efficient.

2 Likes

I cant remember the brine i used but i once brined bananas in an alkaline solution and then cooked em the next day and the pectins were so strongly linked that the bananas cooked to carmel with no loss of texture- made an amazing bananas foster

5 Likes

:drooling_face: that sounds fucking amazing

3 Likes

It was potassium carbonate,

I extracted potassium carbonate from banana peels and then brined the bananas in the salt- some food science nerd shit i was on when i was trying to work at Alinea when i was like 22.

Good times

8 Likes

man that sounds legit. Iā€™d love to fuck around in the kitchen with ya, I bet you can whip up some shit.
unfortunately, not something we can do at scale for gummies :joy:

1 Like

I think this is the way of the future for large scale gummy stuff. Mixing the acid mix with gummy mix at the time of depositing

3 Likes

I was about to tag in @jimmytian8.

2 Likes

This is the machine I went and saw in socal

Itā€™s pretty neat how it works

2 Likes

Thanks.
I am getting a full set, including cooking tank + pump + acid mixing system in 2 month. And I will make a video about and post here. Currently shipping is so slow.

5 Likes

I want

I just sent you an email.