Gummies: add straight distillate heated up or does it need to be cut with something?

Making distillate based gummies from albanese bears. Can I just decarb the distillate and throw it in or do I need to cut it with PG or something so it mixes in better?

Its already decarbed if it’s distillate

9 Likes

Yeah hah stoner moment. So anyone know if it would fine 120 degrees and just pour right in or is mixing with pg best. I only ask because I see it in the write ups and the reason was for easier mixing but I am also not using a recipe just fooling around not sure if it mess anything up.

1 Like

why would you add pg?

it’ll ruin the consistency

4 Likes

Getting experienced with a recipe helps you know how things are supposed to go/look, I recommend starting with one.
There’s a few to choose from in the Gummy thread depending on your skill level and batch size

5 Likes

PG is not the answer for gummies, I agree. But it shouldn’t affect the consistency.

5 Likes

He is right, try it out yourself. Hard work = results

2 Likes

Add distillate to your gummy mix. Make sure you have a binder like soy lecithin in the gummy mix. Edit: add it about 30 minutes before you pull it off the stove

3 Likes

If you want my recipe, Jell-O based, just ask. Idrc honestly as its a simple google search. I just know how to make them the way i like.

1 Like

Hard and chewy as fuck? We call that the @MillerliteRN special

5 Likes

You’re trying to do the ol spray on any ol store bought gummy method?

I believe you could do something like 10g of everclear to 7g of distillate mix together with a little heat then drop it on, good (85+%thc) distillate drop is ~7mg.

What kind of gummies you eat that are hard lmao

Idk who or where you’re buying hard gummies Jell-O based but I put some of mine in packaging, in a dark cool place, for 3-4 months now as an experiment and they’re not hard or chewy. Its all about dry time and storage conditions and the age in general. You store em in a fridge for months, yes, they’ll get hard. Let em sit and they’ll still be slightly chewy and hard vs non refrigerated.

How do his compare to mine?

:wink:

2 Likes

Are yours pectin or gelatin based?

I swear to god if I see pectin

2 Likes

Sounds like someone doesn’t like pectin

:rofl:

4 Likes

I do not. I have tried pectin gummies and BLAH. I do not support it… feels too firm, tastes too artificial

That can be taken in many ways so context is all on who perceives it differently

You need better suppliers :rofl:

4 Likes

Sounds like you’ve never had a good pectin gummy

9 Likes

Oh someone around here makes crap gummies with the same mix, I’m sure you can make good gummies with that recipe, he just doesn’t know how.

It just has to have weed in it, at least in Texas.

4 Likes

You mean it doesn’t have to be eatable?!

Or good tasting?!

Maybe I’m doing this wrong

5 Likes