Getting ready for 1st Nitro Assist BHO Run

He’s who gave me the idea of using a nitrogen permeable membrane on my vac takeoff valve to make sure I’m not taking out any hydrocarbon vapors. Along with other stipulations he informed me of, which fortunately I already had my system hooked up as such.

4 Likes

@RecreationalRosin yes. That is the safest spot for me to vent and vac out. Any of the solvent in there is under its own vac and will be less likely to be pulled through my pump.

1 Like

When operating with N2 assist and cryo temp solvent, do you hook the N2 to the solvent tank and push it from the tank into the column? Trying to get this down, too, and reading this thread has me a bit confused if you operate it that way or if you send solvent into column and chase it with the N2.

Makes sense that when you vent the collection pot, only N2 is released as the solvent is trapped in liquid form due to the temperature.

1 Like

Yes, push through solvent tank. You now can leave that tank in slurry whole time if only one tank.

Remember, prvs need to be any where u isolate anything when using n2…tank, column if valve, collection…

4 Likes

Just make sure you got the N2 connected to The Vapor port of your solvent tank

2 Likes

Is using a jacket even necessary when solvent is at cryo temps? Or could it be skipped altogether?

Good point. I’ll have to see about adding some to my system.

1 Like

if you don’t add them, your system may provide one…which is generally a Really Bad ThingTM

2 Likes

I remember guys running honey bee’s in 02-03

Can anyone explain the advantages to me of hooking nitrogen to solvent tank and pushing from there, as opposed to having a dual input at the top of extraction column, running solvent as normal, then locking off solvent line, open nitrogen line and push last solvent out at 20-40 psi?

2 Likes

By pushing at the solvent tank instead of the column the solvent doesn’t stall on the material so you should pick up less unwanteds.

3 Likes

What if…i cryo froze my tank…then flipped it upside down and positioned it higher than my column…fed it solvent through the vapor line…would that work in place of nitro assist? Gravity assist…or would thermodynamics prevent it from working? The taller the position the more the pressure created right? I remeber testing plumbing lines when i was a plumber with a ten foot stick…width didnt matter…as long as it was 10ft tall i put 5lbs of pressure on the system
@Dred_pirate

5 Likes

you collection should be in dry ice but yes that will work! You want vac all the way threw the line to your solvent tank

4 Likes

Good i was about to buy a nitro tank…saved me some money thanks @Killa12345 and yea i got the rest down :wink:

2 Likes

you can also have your tank right side up gravity feed threw the liquid line if your tank is custom like mine where the dip tube hits the very bottom of the tank! Helps to know a custom stainless supplier…lol

6 Likes

@Killa12345 is that why my tank seems to suck every thing up.

yes…that dip tube is 2mm off the bottom of that tank and by the time you get to the bottom the rest usually will come off in a gas. pretty easy concept to make a 295mm diptube in a 12" tank but some suppliers havent figured it out precisely yet!

Its the little things bro…after years of doing this, that make it easier…It nice not having to jerry rig tanks upside down and sticking outside of coolers. Much easier to know your product and make it right.

9 Likes

Turn a welded bottom pot into a recovery tank…with a nice lid u can add a coil for faster condensing or sightglasses so u can score the inside of the pot and see where ur at

3 Likes

It’s gonna take way longer to go in… slow slow

Make sure ur colder in collections

That nitro is cheap… I’m hoping just leaving tank in slurry whole time now can almost cut out the jacket column

1 Like

Is that why I never leave anything behind?

2 Likes