Getting ready for 1st Nitro Assist BHO Run

True…i still would like a scored pot with measurements on the inside to be able to see volume…wheres our ss guys at?

4 Likes

thats a great idea…might need to implement that one…thanks @waxplug1…sure we can get a 12 year old in china to get in there with a dremel and ruler…LOL

4 Likes

U can scorem yourself but norhing like a prefab one with good etchings

2 Likes

I got to ask, why score the inside? You may have huge collection to see from outside through site glass

Just helps visually see if u dumped all your solvent or enough solvent, get estimates on how long recovery is gonna take…give u readings to improve your system

4 Likes

Ok I see…

So if you dump all fuel every time it wouldn’t really help?

Would a scale not help this? Jw

1 Like

If you have a sightglass on ur solvent tank and on your collection pot it gives you a better idea of where your solvent is at…whatever helps i would prefer it over a scale since scales break and are an electric hazard

2 Likes

My scale is battery powered, hermetically sealed and explosion proof. Works great. Holds my tank which holds 156#

2 Likes

I’ve wanted that inside the collection, as well. So you can see how much solvent you are using. And guage recovery rate.

3 Likes

we can get this made…guarantee it. I bet the cost increase is $1 and how cool will that be.

6 Likes

I’d have to get a new collection pot if you did get these in lol

3 Likes

I want 2 12inch pots as soon as u got some

3 Likes

great!

next step of questions :smiley:

when hooking up my system initially - how do I ensure a vacuum from my nitrogen tank line to my gas tank? make sure that gas is cold enough that I can rip a full vac with all lines open?? this seems risky to me, but I may be wrong - please educate!

Also, do I apply nitrogen pressure to tank before opening gas lines to extraction column? or after I’ve released my bottom valve to allow solvent into collection chamber? or during a soak? or just one fast pass with a push of ‘insert psi here’ nitrogen? endless options I think…

I run a passive loop with jacketed tube and no dewax chamber so I try to keep my system as cold as possible at all times - hence nitrogen push instead of dry ice dump…

Thanks in advance for your time :+1::+1::+1:

you Don’t need vacuum on the line from the n2 to the vapor port

One fast pass with n2 assist because you don’t have a Dewax chamber, the big valve to the collection chamber should remain open the entire time so the solvent can “chase the cold” in the collection tank.

2 Likes

and what psi should I push at? start the push at say 10 psi then release bottom valve?

1 Like

I’d start with the regulator set at 20 psi, release what bottom valve?

2 Likes

I’ve heard ppl going up to 50psi for good push

2 Likes

Make sure your nitrogen regulator psi is higher than whatever you’re pressurizing. 50 PSI has worked well for me (using 4" columns for material).

Definitely stick with food grade N2 - I’ve had nasty black oils contaminate my system from accidentally getting a regular tank.

Instead of pulling vac on the nitrogen line just shoot a little nitrogen through while you’re tightening the hose to your solvent tank. Now your line is purged of oxygen.

Yes, pressurize your tank before opening any solvent lines.

8 Likes

If his solvent is sufficiently cold it should be at a very low pressure already, my solvent tank typically runs at 0psi or less.

2 Likes

Yes but that’s why u add the bump right,to push that super cold fuel that’s making a negative vacuum…

Maybe I misunderstood you…I just take notes from the pros. I’m not one by no means