Getting ready for 1st Nitro Assist BHO Run

I’m just justifying starting his regulator at 20psi but yes that is the reason for the push. I too am no professional, yet at least…

2 Likes

You can go up to 40-50 psi easily. I go 50-60.

5 Likes

Dred_pirate…do you pressurize the head space of the tank with 50 psi, the open up the valves to allow the solvent to move? Or do you allow vacuum in the column and pot to draw solvent in, and then push with 50psi to complete the movement of solvent? I imagine speed of solvent through the material would be the only real difference…

I’ll be pushing with n2 for the first time here shortly

3 Likes

I charge my tank then open valves and flood column

5 Likes

Do you have seperate tanks or just one?

True, I was thinking also of pushing the solvent out of the material column. Generally at higher pressures at that point.

1 Like

I have a single tank. Its pretty big for me…10 lb tank that i only run 5 lb of solvent in. So i have a large headspace volume…i intend to push at 30psi on an empty column, into the pot, and recover through a new mol sieve I’ve added to clean up my solvent. Not that it was contaminated or performing poorly, I’m just growing in my hobby. Assuming all of that goes smoothly, I’ll run some nugs…hopefully this weekend.

You can push with around ten or 15, probably. There won’t be any material to get in the way needing more pressure

4 Likes

you managed to put into words what I could not - thanks for getting my question answered!

@Dred_pirate why 50 psi? better yield than 20?

I’ve always found that 20-30 is enough to get the solvent out of the column, does the extra pressure elicit extra yield? But then the speed that solvent passes over material will be much faster, so in my head that means cleaner product and less yield?

I’m still trying to understand how soaking versus multiple burps versus one clean push of solvent affects yield…

If running solvent straight through in one go - what micron are people filtering to?

Thanks in advance everyone - every comment read on here feels like I’m jumping lightyears in understanding :slight_smile:

You want more pressure than the solvent will create from when it warms up, making its way through the material. As it warms up, it will create its own pressure, hindering proper flow.

If you use more pressure than the solvent creates to push it, you won’t have problems getting to the bottom of the column, ya?

And as your solvent level in the tank go down, so does the pressure. Slowing it down and potentially not making all the way through. Use more pressure and you’ll get there easier. You’re removing it afterwards, anyway.

6 Likes

So when I make my maiden nitro bump this weekend, I don’t have to vac my stuff down? Or should I to help also?

Vac what down?

1 Like

Im no pro…but i always vac the system down prior to introducing any solvent. Atmospheric pressure provides a way for contaminants to enter your system…such as moisture…so i remove it from every line and every vessel.

5 Likes

My entire rig, I only add the bump to solvent tank?

I vac everything down 100% up to the solvent tank.

4 Likes

You always vac your system… Why wouldn’t you?

4 Likes

Because its fun to mix explosive gas and atmosphere…dont you know that bro… ← sarcastic text here! JK!

7 Likes

Making a diesel engine on the patio. Haha

4 Likes

I totally read that wrong, was just making sure

RIGHHHHTTTT - good explanation :ok_hand:

I presume you’d only be pushing N when filtering to 10 micron or less ?

I’ve only ever faced blockages or slow flow rate twice - once I overpacked a live resin run, and once I tried using a 5 micron filter straight after a 76 micron screen.

I now run a filter stack 75-36-20-5 and have found it runs fine even with no push.

ordering all my powders this weekend - let’s see if water clear terp sauce is possible…

1 Like