Getting ready for 1st Nitro Assist BHO Run

I Love Amsterdam. We were there Spring of last year.

2 Likes

Is a pressure relief valve needed on my collection? In my situation, always running cold and dumping the n2 to the atmosphere…

Also ur saying if I leave +1 Psi it can help recovery instead venting all the n2 off?

2 Likes

I have one on my collection, tank, and dewax chamber. I probably should put one on the top of my column, but there’s so much going on up there already.

5 Likes

Thanks bro what’s ur prv set to on the collection

There so cheap from oss that I’ll have to get some more the ones I got for my tank

2 Likes

This is what I got so far. Not a big yield but I wasn’t expecting much from this run as it was just for testing. I plan to use a little more Butane and some better material for the next run.

3 Likes

They are all set to 125

1 Like

Nice! Pretty comfortable with it?

3 Likes

How much material did you run and how much solvent?

Yes. I was even able to vent out the N2 from
My tanks and Column as well once they were nice and COLD. When I vented my tanks, the only thing that came out was N2. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!

4 Likes

I was weighing out my tank and I think I only had about 3.5 lbs of Solvent to begin with. And almost a .5lb of trim. I can’t wait to try again tomorrow.

3 Likes

Nice, glad it worked out for you.

1 Like

Thanks Roguelab. Thank you for pointing out the psi and temp relationship. Makes perfect sense. These are the thing I don’t know, as I am uneducated, and only know from experience or reading here. I’m not dumb…just learning…and little details like that are extremely helpful.

All you extraction gangsters here…you are a god send to chumps like me. Thank you.

5 Likes

You are absolutely not a chump and we will never make you feel like one. I started with a tube and can years ago. Nothing to be ashamed of.

We’re here to make sure everyone makes good hash.

18 Likes

Thank you to everybody here!!! It was a little scary to get started but by stepping outside my comfort zone and all the support I got here, WE did it!!! Thank you.
This was a game changer for me and my tek. I’m almost in tears right now…seriously. Now I move onto Badder, Wax, Diamonds and Sauce. What an awesome community here. I can’t wait to share this with people. Last but not least Thank you to @Future for having this place for guys like me to come to and learn and share knowledge.

7 Likes

Ah the synchronicity as i am about to pull trigger on my 3rd nitro assist… Only
This time ive daisy chained another column… I believe ive actually used every single valve i own… @StoneD, id been venting from collection pot thinking youd hipped me.
Since this topic is still fresh i pose this scenario and question… Until recently i bottom flooded and soaked a short time… over that… Buuut. I have an additional collection pot here , smaller, if i wanted that aditional bottom top the top pass, i could get it right? Likely not worth the time?? Opinions??
Was consider vac ing out after fliping column over… i dunno… id love to hhave some conatructive critisism on rig i set up today… Will post pics when i get back to shop … lol… I accidentally hit my browser button on way out of a parking lot and saw this topic i been pulled over to several minutes ago…lol

2 Likes

And another thing is i was gifted 4 liter of liquid n this afternoon… and not quite sure how to incorporate… i WANT it through coil in my recovery tank… Is that a thing?? Was thinking , TOO cold. Not equipped to move with cheapo transfer pumps i have… But really wanna use it tonight… ideas??

I like to back pressure relief valves with a .5psi cracking pressure check valve.

2 Likes

What does that help with?

1 Like

glad you asked, it helps with two things.
Pressure relief valves can leak under vacuum conditions, a check valve prevents this.
The check valve will also not allow the atmosphere back into the system when burping off the nitrogen.
Greywolf had swagelok make him a coustom valve payttern for this specific purpose. It was a inline prv valve with a built in check valve.

11 Likes

Purging with no heat and Full Vac for a couple hours

2 Likes