Getting live resin into a vape cart

hte+distillate equal parts

1 Like

That is not the best recipie, or even close. There is more to carts than just flavor. There are 3 really good ones here

6 Likes

Can you break down what you mean by HTE and Purged extract?

thats definitely opinion based… i feel most of those ratios are for cost effectiveness and not quality of experience and/or product… purged extract should not add any difference in effects unless that extract is cured resin as opposed to live resin as hte is just live resin with the thca precipitated out. i also feel that only 20% hte is weak unless it happens to be a very pungent terp profile

Hte is volitile, it evaporates faster. Purged extract has to decarb first. Decarbing saps energy from the coil, lowering it’s tempurature. Less heat means less vapor being produced. I am under the impressuon that the “purged extract” they are referring to is the diamonds the hte was poured from. This guy’s formula is adding distilate to sauce

Edit: the formula is for shatter, not diamonds

1 Like

You can take a proper “live resin” run. Frozen material with a thorough dewax. After you pour into a Pyrex over night and set in the oven to offgas the bulk of the solvent. Pour into a jar that can hold it all with a good head space. Place in the oven @135-140f. It’ll take several days to turn to a liquid, but it’ll get there. When it’s done, you can put those in a cart or syringe. Keep it capped, maybe down to 130f and not 140f (I never went that high) . And you will be able to keep the terpenes from degrading.

Here’s my last batch

All thc is activated and high terpene content. And a vape able liquid with zero additives…

That’s how you make a “live resin” cart…

47 Likes

When I make mine, I go 30%. I love that ratio currently

1 Like

Do I cap the jar or leave it open?

1 Like

Also when you say 30% you mean 30% live resin 70% distillate?

2 Likes

Cap the jar. Leave it sealed so the terpenes don’t evaporate.

And when I mix 70/30 that’s disty to HTE terps. These would be two different carts.

The first one in the jar that you are turning into d9, you can put that directly into a cart as is.

Mixing 70/30, would be 70% disty and 30% HTE terps. Which are the terp pour off from my diamonds.

9 Likes

Gotcha, so after using the terp sauce for your cart, do you leave yourself enough terp sauce left over to be able to sell the diamonds with the sauce?

After I’m done with the sauce and diamonds. What’s left over I keep for a few carts. Sometimes a lot. Sometimes not

But you don’t put the diamonds into the carts do you?

No I don’t.

1 Like

So i guess what I was asking is after you add the terp sauce to your distillate what do you do with the left over diamonds, and what amount of sauce do you have to retain with the diamonds in order to be able to sell the diamonds for dabbing or whatever.

1 Like

I usually only make these carts for personal use. Not much else. The rest gets packaged at whatever ratio

Does the color degrade at all leaving ot at such a high temp?

Meh. Not really. It was a great looking run to begin with. In the syringes we put them in they looked amazing

How is it compared to standard hte from diamonds?

A little different but it’s right up there. Not the same that’s for sure. But I would have to do it with the same strain side by side to find out