France to ban synthetic cannabis product HHC

On May 15, French Health Minister François Braun said products based on hexahydrocannabinol (HHC) could be banned within weeks. Looks like the whole Europe is going to ban HHC. eg. Austria

3 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye: lol good luck with their testing catching up. Like the next product isn’t ready to be released and techs sold separately.

Hemp business: oh no! switches to different chemical.

I am thinking if HHC will be banned in the United States too, or only in states where recreational marijuana is legal, as D8 and its derivative oils are developing rapidly, grabbing the business of D9 customers, two waves of customers start fighting, and California will be the first to start.

They’re too busy trying to catch up to thcp hydrogenated. Lmao. It’s a god damn rolodex of synthetics and options now. Pandora’s box will not close till cbg cbd and THC are both pharma and big pharma won’t stop fighting till that’s so.

1 Like

sudden policy makes many lose :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well not 100% accurate, currently there is no legal alternative to my knowledge. Thc-whatever is illegal, Hhc-whatever, full synthetic are anyway forbidden. Leaves you with natural occuring and semi synthetic noids. Tell me which and I’ll give you 50% of our first profit. We used to sell 150kg hhc+ a week :wink:

2 Likes

It’s legal if they can’t test for it… hint hint. @SEVENTENLabs

Gotta have standards to recognize wtf you’re selling right? What if standards are on the BM? But not the licensed.

What if standards were being kept from the public?

Till someone monopolies the testing for them…

Crack laced CBD, why didn’t I think of that. Hemp testing labs hate this trick.

Within 2 months after hhc ban we set up a legal, thc containing product (bath chocolate) which is fully certified by the state. Additionally we got the ok to grow and distribute fully flowered plants (yes thc).

HHC was cool while it lasted, and I actually like the molecule. Let’s see if something new comes up but as a fact check: only the black market has Alternatives ready, not the 350 retail stores in Austria.

4 Likes

Everyone’s playing the game. Not sure I can continue that discussion in public but a solution you seek is up for grabs for all to see. Happy to try and help point it out easier.

1 Like

Hhca is the legal alternative as it’s not psychoactive. Just realized it. @Bret_HoneyGold @Roguelab

PS: shouldn’t end up as a private discussion but d8thca is again illegal in AT :slight_smile: as is any thca. HHCa is not regulated therefore legal.

HHCa flowers here we go @Roguelab

4 Likes

Hhca is something I have originated the discourse on.

Good luck with that tech. Might as well unlock d8thca while you’re at it.

The patent is here. The photos and origin product are posted here.

It can be done. But you know. Sharing major advancements with a community that tries to eat its own. Seems to be the real concern.

D8thca is illegal in all 50 states? Before it’s even sold?

:sob:

Take THCA make liquid with solvent. Apply magic hydrogenation powers. My guess…

Kazaam!

Have you ever made HHC? Ever tried tossing in THCA isolate vs d9thc/d8thc converted liters?

Bet you haven’t.

The real reason: d9thca sells itself.

Recarb: isn’t feasible unless you start with free / almost free starting material (CBD)

So… Take some d9thca isolate (completely hemp made) and play HHC doctor with your reactor… Watch your temps to not decarb
…? Imagination over.

2 Likes

^some good info on HHCa

But if HHC is illegal and HHCa isn’t you still have to deal with decarb :grimacing: unless HHCa is more resistant to decarb. But I guess it not that hard to bag up your HHCa spiked hemp in uv resistant mylar bags w inert gas.

1 Like

Can you just pretend that your THCp is hemp derived like people do here in the US? It’s technically possible to derived the terpene you condense spherophorol with from hemp so it’s at least in theory feasible to do it “semi-synthetically” (huge air quotes)

1 Like

In Switzerland the acids of listed molecules are also illegal, as far as I know that is the case for most European countries

1 Like

Just looked and it’s in the UN treaty sadly
“The salts of the drugs listed in this Schedule, including the salts of esters, ethers and isomers”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.unodc.org/documents/commissions/CND/Int_Drug_Control_Conventions/1961_Schedules/ST_CND1_Add1_Rev2_e_V1603027.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjc5_Ht5Pv-AhVlh_0HHc1ODPwQFnoECBwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2lbKZIkshAv1o6UrAg2MRv

2 Likes

THIS IS THE PROBLEM AND NO SOLUTION YET

2 Likes

If you can start with pure HHCa it seems doable. Sugar sized crystals to minimize surface area, keep the nugs vac’d in uv resistant bags. It’s a lot of work but if it’s the only game in town…

Looks like there’s been some movement in US.

Tennessee General Assembly Approves Regulations Regarding Hemp-Derived Cannabinoids

1 Like

I wonder how HHCA will work out. HHC can be distilled, which in theory should exclude all metal contamination by virtue of metals not distilling at cannabinoid boiling points…and yet tons of HHC has metal in it, evidently.

Now consider you can’t distill HHCA, so I wonder how producers intend to ensure no metal contamination. I know how I would do it, but that doesn’t mean anyone else trying to make HHCA would be able to pull it off.

8 Likes