Formulations & science!

So I’d like to start off by putting this simple edible formula in here for those who have a hard time dosing your products or simply don’t have a clue where to start. I would also like to ask @Everyone if they have anything they’d like to dump in here formulation wise for edibles, hash, science work ups related to formulating with certain products as they would work better than others or man be preferred by the clientele.

So here goes it. Let’s have a great thread & stay with the SCIENCE :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3::metal:t3:

Left both pictures for clarification of the below postings.

Edit on photo contents ft my lamacorn joggers :joy: :

I’ll add this one right here too as well as to prevent further confusion

Also check out the link @cyclopath has for everyone below on 10 mg caps!

7 Likes

65% of 500mg would be 325mg unless I’m missing something on your sideways pic?

4 Likes

Nope you are correct, idk how tf 350 got on there. Had me look back over it lol, when I wrote it out must have been distracted by something in the moment. Thank you for catching that

Atleast it’s in pencil I’ll go fix that & re take the picture of it later this afternoon

1 Like

Concentrates are not 100% THC.
You need to account for less than 100% THC for every different batch of concentrate you use.
Bulk oil from trim at most would be in the 70-80% THC range.

1 Like

I provided a formula, the concentrates you use is upon you, not my formulation provided. That’s basic math

Also I’m not putting 70% disty in some edibles it would be 98%+ mimum

Nope.

1gram of 65% BY WEIGHT would be 650mg.

If potency is given as % by volume, then you need a known volume, not a weight.

If the density of your concentrate was exactly 1.00g/ml your math would give the correct result despite being malformed…

… then you tell us there are 10,000mg in a gram!!! (There are 1000!).

And that 10% of that 10,000mg is 100mg.

While you have solved for the number of mg of thc in 1g of 10% flower, you have most certainly not helped anyone else understand the problem.

Using “volume of a gram” rather than “a gram” muddies the waters further…

Edit: for folks reading along at home; try over here if you need help with formulation Need formula to dose 10mg THC capsules 🥄

5 Likes

When using an emulsifying agent, it should be added to what you are trying to put into the other phase.

In other words, if I want my oil to be more homogeneous in some kind of aqueous solution, and you are using an oil in water emulsifying agent, you want to mix the emulsifying agent with the oil first, then add that to the aqueous phase.

Order of addition is very important in formulation science.

Also, HLB values. Learn about them.

That’s all I have for now.

5 Likes

Again sorry for having 2 numbers in there wrong, but as any of us have noticed as I should have overlooked the photo before posting it, it’s 3 years old being written there,so I will have those 2 #’s fixed & reposted. If I would have realized they were there before hand y’all wouldn’t be having this issue, & again I’m sorry for that, but that’s why we read things before posting right? Lol it’ll be fixed in a hour or less

That’s a formula for % of content… not for lipsome, surfactants & emulsification encapsulation. As stated above it’s a starting formulation for one who would like to dose properly. If you start with an isolate & go through the same “process” roiplek tried arguing then stopped when it was finally broken down (surface area %, milled down ).

Just because there’s a piece to the puzzle given away doesn’t mean it’ll be tailored to EXACTLY what you’re looking to accomplish. If every edible infusion or extraction went literal EXACT same parameters for all of it across the board, then yes I would put a formula for a emulsifying increased bio. But as they are not, we can work up to that within these postings.

When I wrote this exact type up I’m sure it was a day I was with my daughter most of the morning when she was younger & I fully admit to goofing those numbers, but an extra zero & 25 point (as long as we ALL check our math) isn’t going to be a big deal especially as this was caught & ADMITTEDLY getting fixed with out question. I didn’t once argue the fact I fucked the 2 numbers.

No, but you put it up as if it was helpful to folks who might not understand how to do this.

You got the math wrong.

You conflated mass and volume.

and you told folks there were 10,000mg in a gram.

I don’t care that you wrote it down wrong three years ago. You posted it today. Taking the effort to type it up, correctly and legibly would have been awesome.

As it stands it does more to confuse the issues than clarify.

3 Likes

I always get the math wrong. That’s why I tag cyclopath in most of the time. That sneaky decimal point gets me.
Lol

3 Likes

Again sorry that I didn’t proof read as I took a picture & posted this after being up for 24+ hrs.

But like I said I appreciate y’all catching the 2 wrong numbers From years ago. We all make mistakes, thankfully we can fix math. :ok_hand:t3:

It’ll be fixed, everyone will be happy, & we can continue on, sound good?

FOR SCIENCE

Edit ironically I, staring at the actual formulation I have written down few pages before the one posted above with fucked #’s ITS CORRECT lol :man_facepalming:t3: ( i haven’t erased anything yet)

1 Like

@cyclopath

I had the volume for formula next to it too :man_facepalming:t3: Please correct me If I fucked that decimal lmao

Edited & fixed right.

Oh I must not have read the post, I thought you were just looking for general advice when making any kind of formulation. My bad.

1 Like

Nope just posting options for those of whom are looking to learn.