DIY Closed Loop Extractor

I’ve been looking into a DIY closed loop extractor for light hydrocarbons. I saw a video of a guy building one online, and the assembly appears pretty simple, just making sure gaskets and seals are proper. Has anyone thought of this or looked into it? The YouTube recommends this site for materials BVV- vacuum chambers and ovens. The video can be found on YouTube as “Lets Build A Passive Closed Loop Extractor”. Unfortunately I cannot post links as of now…
Any input is welcome.

3 Likes

Do your loved ones, yourself and us a favor and Send @Killa12345 a DM. He will get you setup and extracting.

23 Likes

Heed @BG305 s advice and talk to @Killa12345, he will set you up with a rig cheaper than you’ll be able to buy the parts, plus he’ll walk you through the entire process.

11 Likes

DIY closed loop = :boom::volcano::fire: please heed above advice!

6 Likes

He’s been of great help to me,

2 Likes

Im looking for the same. Im brand new to this forum and dont know how to do anything…im trying to message @Killa12345

2 Likes

New users can’t DM, @Killa12345 is on all the time though so I’m m sure he’ll pop in here shortly. You can also get ahold of his shop directly@ https://qualitystainlessparts.com/

9 Likes

“Has anyone thought of this or looked into it?”
Lol only more than half of us

12 Likes

Small system doing only a quarter pound a run, without a dewax column. Want to purchase a system, hold about 1.5 lbs of gas, just wanted to know if any input or ideas??

1 Like

What’s your budget

I’ve got my eyes on a set up for under 1K. So I just was wondering if it’s a reasonable introductory system to learn on. Specifically not having a dewax column, makes me worry of crude looking extract or nucleation occurring.

1 Like

do i hear boom

I have a turn key CLS for sale. Buy it today, have first pour tomorrow. DM me for details.

3 Likes

It is fairly simple but @Killa12345 makes really high quality entry level extraction units. I built mine part-by-part and tbh I really wish I just went thru killa. Odly enough, I was actually gonna go thru qualitystainlessparts before I even knew @Killa12345 or heard of this site for my CLS but I decided to build part by part.

There’s more than BVV. There’s emeraldgoldextractors, glaciertanks, hardwarefactorystore, opensourcesteel and qualitystainlessparts (@Killa12345). There’s way more sources. Its all up to you to find the ones you want to go with. I used all of them.

Wont lie though, I learned a lot.

5 Likes

2×18 does QP’s. 6×6 base would be ideal, though if you did a 6×12 spool with a splatter platter you would be set for the future if you ever upgraded to a lb.

2 Likes

This is my QP 2×18 system. 55" Tall . Measures from base to top of injection port.

-all clamps are low pressure for demo only, ALL HYDROCARBON EXTRACTIONS MUST BE PERFORMED WITH HIGH PRESSURE BOLT ON CLAMPS!-

6 Likes

I’ll add if you’re going with a system from @Killa12345 it’s well worth it to spend the extra and get a pressure tested one. I opted to build mine to save some money and ended up destroying some parts in the process and needed to buy replacements :joy::sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

Not to mention it took way more time than it should have to chase down all the leaks in the fittings.

6 Likes

Second that. Gauges especially

3 Likes

me too, but the experience of building and testing brings about greater understanding for me, i get to know my machine
not a one night stand,lol
as opposed to tested,if i was going big, iwould def get a tested or cert system

6 Likes

I’ve made up a few cls designs on the cheap part by part, & I’ve ran them myself. Used a bvv built by my mentor for a good minute & produced lbs of crude daily. Shatter runs were easy. 60lbs of tane & 12-18lbs of material. Just gotta know how to make it all flow proper & yes gaskets & seals are a must to be most proper! Don’t be a fool & cheap yourself out. But if you need to budget then do where budget can be done.

3 Likes