Picked this extractor

Mine is marked liquid and vapor it comes out as liquid and changes to gas and then back to liquid and goes back into the reclaim tank.

1 Like

if you’re coming out the “liq” port , and your tank is upside down, you’re only getting gas out, which would explain your yields.

1 Like

Straight butane they have a propane and butane mixture but i know that runs at a higher psi i want to get the straight butane down before i try anything else.

1 Like

I know how the process works, we are trying to point out what needs to change in your setup to make it more safe.

again, set that damn tank on the ground man!

Find the port that is marked LIQUID, connect the hose that goes to your material column on that LIQUID port, and you can safely get liquid solvent out of the tank while it is upright.

2 Likes

I threw that pump away

2 Likes

Sweet thankyou i knew the way he st it up sure didn’t look safe to me i just want it to be safe and also be good medicine im new to this and just want it to be rite.

2 Likes

awesome! did you notice the sparks it was throwing?

What you have will get the job done for sure. Like @cyclopath said, get some consulting, or do a lot more research though.

These are potential bombs we are all messing with

1 Like

Yes i did and i know its a bad thing.

1 Like

This thread has some good info on running cls.

I’ll add you to a dm chain I had with someone too about running a cls.

2 Likes

As said above I would highly recommend you spend some time with someone experienced in cls extraction. it will help your results and more importantly it may save your life.

2 Likes

Get stainless tanks and get familiarized with nitrogen assisted solvent injection. Especially with straight N-Butane

2 Likes

I absolutely would not suggest running n2 in his situation until he’s got a few runs in under belt.

That’s my imo.

4 Likes

True that

:wink:

that’s Bad ThingTM

3/4" radiator hose is cheap. IMO putting your hot water circulator 20’ away, or on the other side of a wall is the safe route.

1 Like

Better yet, buy a 25# stainless solvent tank, with a 4" tri clamp that you can remove and clean the inside

1 Like

nice link.

what I want to know is how the all knowing one decided that “how to steer safely” was related…

4 Likes

Oh man, I didn’t even see that haha.

1 Like

@SquadExtractions420 this forum and community is an excellent start!! I give many thanks to many of the members who are giving you insight now. Take their advice and always safety comes paramount!! Solvents and pressures and ignition sources can be scary as fuck. I would recommend blasting outside when you’re learning the fundamentals. Especially on a system you may not know is pressure or vacuum tested!!
You have some fancy recovery tanks and need to take advantage of the liquid and vapor ports, a giant factor said members help me realize and run properly.
Also, I have not invested in the dip tubes and new top, in time, but if you have to invert your recovery pot, I would recommend a Little Giant ladder, very versatile to help elevate and invert your recovery vessel, as well as some 2x4’s. One solid unit, and with less configuration, than above card house, and some you will have a secure recovery vessel! Not ideal, but it is progress. Wish I would have thought to take picture of my set up, phone is least concern in a run!
Do some more reading and investigating and learning your system and the thermodynamics that run it! May have too much going on to learn. I have been running not ideal material with decent results, for what it is worth, just to get a better understanding of ambient temperatures, solvent movement, pressure changes. It’s an exciting process to behold, yet always be safe!!

Here some extract produced with the help of my friends, yes, I have much learning and tuning to do! Two different runs, first was purge off, second I did a dump.

5 Likes

I remember seeing a bvv demo where the guy had his solvent tank upside down and set on top of a ladder… The whole time I was thinking that can’t be safe

1 Like