D8 thca

Has anyone made some stones yet?

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, where do you propose deriving enough d8 thca from to make d8 diamonds? I think this would involve recarboxilating a conversion

4 Likes

I was thinking CBDA isolate, for the best yield, or non decarbed high potency extract.

You’re high

17 Likes

I don’t think you understand how this works my friend…

6 Likes

Care to elaborate?

3 Likes

I think you’ll have a hard time holding on to your “a”

7 Likes

During the isomerization?

1 Like

Cleanup is where I think you will have a problem without distillation.

2 Likes

I was thinking of running the isomerization in a lower bp solvent like pentane to help the purging. I was also considering using a polymer supported catalyst to avoid a LLE step and just filter it out.

5 Likes

18 Likes

Got excited cause I thought this was going to be another recarb thread… Damn…

4 Likes

Im slowly getting the things together to do some carboxylations using the methyl magnesium carbonate in DMF method. It looks like the yields are horrible for THC, but ill still make a few grams of D8THCA for fun (and for science). I’ll keep yall updated

12 Likes

Why? I’m not saying this cbda to d8thca will work as I’m not qualified enough to make that statement.

But I can say I have made 95% TAC d8/d9 blend and never took anything above 80c during the reaction or cleanup. Which in theory wouldn’t decarb the solution. Finished product had final solvent removal done in a rotovap and was clear, which also shows water clear isnt only made by distillation.

9 Likes

This is one of the reasons behind me wanting to winterize with membranes in hydrocarbons

Cbd a > d8 thc a is very possible and wouldn’t be hard with the correct sop

7 Likes

Recrystallization of the THCA alone should be sufficient cleanup and doesn’t require any.heat

7 Likes

I guess i need to put some of my higher cbda stuff aside and do a few reactions. I think i have a little bit of 75% cbda 20% cbd from an old run i could use.

4 Likes

:eyes:keep us posted. I’d like to see d8 diamonds. I’m ASSuming the d9thca will crystallize right along with it, yes?

2 Likes

I dono, i did a little digging, it sounds like @RockSteady has tried this a few different ways and its broken the carboxyl group.

6 Likes

Looks like we’re back to recarboxylation

4 Likes