D8 thca

This was some higher potency CBDA I ran. Still need to experiment with acid quantities but the carboxylic acid group remained intact. I don’t have a D8 THCA standard but I’ll bet that peak after is D8 THCA because neutral d9 elutes before D8 on this method.
This was 1:1 acid to CBDA… I’m encouraged by the fact that it didn’t decarb. I’ll update as I try other ratios of acid/time to try and get more selective.

13 Likes

Ruh rig, here comes D8 shatter…

Just kidding, cool work man!

2 Likes

This is already a thing from d8 disty

D8 diamonds inc

5 Likes

I wonder if d8thca will co crystallize with 9 thca. If not this could be a way to make compliant d8

2 Likes

Of course it will!

Look up fractional crystallization (its a rabbit hole)

2 Likes

I assumed it would. but I’ll go dig into it. I love rabbit holes on crystallization.

4 Likes

If it is like cbd vs cbdv, then crystalization temperature may be a key parameter.

5 Likes

I have noticed this as well, depending on the temps ran i will get cbdv in my mother liquor.

1 Like

Really? I’ve never heard of this.

I’m guessing too cold and you get co crystallization?

2 Likes

Yeah in my experience the cbdv was in both my ML and isolate but i started noticing this when one of our batches of isolate came back with fats and lipids. I found a combo of going down to cold would lead to lipids and also agitating the entire time allowed me to not have to grind isolate anymore and also stopped trapping the impurities inside the big slabs you make when you dont agitate. I can also get to >99% from crude in one crystallization doing all this.

Here’s a good book that will take up a lot of your time.

11 Likes

The NV facility was going to pay @BrotanicalMatts buddy to show us how to make powdered isolate

I told them to let me try it and obviously first try in a reactor with a chiller I made powdered isolate

Saved them 20k on a consult :see_no_evil:

Possible to prevent cocrystallization of cbd and CBDv with temperature?

I have high quality CBD 96.7% and it is crystalizing around the top of the product and the mason jars? is this normal? If I run this thru my roto vap for distillation, I should be able to create THCa diamonds correct?

Yes that’s normal for cbd to crystallize anytime it’s above 60% cbd.

You have the wrong starting material for this threads topic. You would need high cbda content to start.

Cough cough. I’ll consider d8thca 90% and d9 compliant as the winner too @kcalabs
:man_lifting_weights:

4 Likes

have you posted any pics of that olympic barbell set?

1 Like

Interesting, I have a beaker with 77% CBDa starting material that I’ve added catalyst to and stirred- Don’t know if anything happened. Getting compliant shouldn’t be that hard with chromatography if those isomers are that far apart

1 Like

Some improvement in selectivity. Still haven’t got the D8 THCA standard in.

6 Likes

Yes, to some extent.

starting from delta 9 CBDA is harder than starting from delta 9 THCA.