Cured flower to carts, recommendations

I am trying to decide if its worth $500 for a cheap press to use for my own carts or if thats even feasible with cured flower? I am aware of the difference in live vs cured bud but not up to date on any of the rosin and cart stuff. I was told that I would need to start with making dry ice hash or bubble and then go to rosin.

I was just hopeful I could get away from bho as I like these new solventless carts I’ve been getting at the store recently.

Thoughts and suggestions much appreciated! DK808

What have your read?

Flower rosin is mostly just a waste of flower. If you want it in carts you might go the “solventless distillate” route, but then you’d be looking for terpenes or hte.

You can absolutely make hash rosin by collecting trichomes from cured flower. With dry sift or bubble.

From there there are multiple ways to get to carts.

Wading through Search results for 'Rosin cart' - Future4200 would be the place to start…

Once you’ve read through a couple or six of those, you might consider EHO instead.

Hash rosin cart I was gifted in Canada last week.

Rumor has it this one was spun.

3 Likes

I made bho a long time back. I dont like it and prefer to try solventless. I have cured bud so not able to do fresh frozen etc.

I will check out your links and check back this evening thank you!

I was told using cured flower was not advised for rosin. I have made dry ice and bubble before and prefer the dry ice method as it is much faster and less time consuming. So I could do dry ice and then go from there but will look through the info you posted first thanks!

EHO, not BHO. See: EHO vs BHO

QWET.

makes way better carts than flower rosin.

2 Likes

If you don’t have fresh frozen…you options are “no hash” or “fucking try it”.

Your call…

1 Like

Easier to do wrong too. You want trichomes, not ground flower. See: Goodbye ice-water hash, hello dry ice kif? (Nope...)

Static tek after the fact might help.

No. I’ve seen hash rosin made commercially with a $20 hair straightener…spend the $$ on input material (and maybe a 1/2 gal of everclear)

Any term you don’t know can be searched…

Do your required reading. Read whole threads not just the posts that hit. Look at the links beneath the first post.ask clarifying questions. Be prepared to destroy lots of cannabis…

Edit: and maybe re-read this thread, as there are now more links here too…

2 Likes