EHO vs BHO

Hey guys,

Can’t find much in terms of a thread but I’ve been curious about the difference between BHO and EHO. Mainly, I want to know peoples POV in regards to how the end products compare.

EHO is not as good as BHO. This much we know…but how much better is BHO? Is EHO still desirable? Would people who have no access to BHO want EHO? Are some dabs better than no dabs?

Let me know your thoughts please and thanks!

OR rules say I’m allowed to make EHO at home.
Possession limits are also different.

Of course some dabs is better than no dabs!!
As is “not a felony”…

Some EHO’s are better than some BHO’s, but as a general rule, it’s way easier to make connoisseur grade BHO than EHO, and you’re very unlikely to see an EHO winning awards if competing against BHO’s.

done correctly EHO makes for nice smooth, high potency meds.

6 Likes

thanks for the reply! I’m personally thinking more along the lines of there’s no access to BHO, so making EHO dabables seems to me like a “make the best of the situation” solution.

Talking high quality, I wouldn’t want to push EHO as my best product. I just don’t know of many people who have purchased EHO (or enough of it) to really give me a good opinion.

1 Like

Seeing as shatter is 10 a g for nug run bho i hope you dont expect to make anything on it

3 Likes

Ethanol can make some very nice extracts, there are limits though. Ethanol is going to be limited when it comes to extracting a comprehensive terpene profile - this is because some of those terpenes will be lost during solvent reclamation process due to azeotropes forming.

5 Likes

Where are you paying 10 a G for nugrun? Has to be garbage.

4 Likes

Making decent EHO is harder at home than in a professional lab. Since the relevant terpenes are non-polar they have a lower affinity to ethanol than LPG, however terpenes are still weakly attracted and soluble in ethanol and you will get a moderate profile in your EHO extraction. However, semi-cryo extraction to make the wax, lipids, etc as insoluble as possible is more difficult without proper tools.

You can always make a nice acetone/dry ice bath to use with your standard ethanol bucket tech, and depending on how well you pull it off you could get a decent result in color, terpenes, and clarity.

Obviously YMMV, but you can make ok EHO at home if no other options were available.

Edit: solvent recovery will be the biggest pain, without a roto for bulk solvent recovery before the oven it will suck, be inefficient, and potentially dangerous to just boil most off to the atmosphere.

3 Likes

its straight fire @themaddabber.710 if you wanna see ig

4 Likes

That’s Crazy cheap, man. Not talking crap just hard to believe. I Figure on a pound of nug returning 25% which means you’ll have 112 grams, makes for $1120 pound before accounting for solvent, packaging costs, grow expense and if you only sell it at the gram level. If you have fire flower it would seem to me more logical to sell it for $2k as flower… Hope those prices head my way soon.

4 Likes

Splits. Im not buying it. They grow it and bring it to us.

Ahhh makes much more sense

1 Like

Boiling point and polarity are the problem. Cold will keep crap out, but you will always miss some terpenes. I’ve made some incredible extracts, but it takes forever if you don’t want to lose the entirety of your terps. I, like my name implies, go with no heat and no vacuum. It takes longer, but not longer than diamonds. My EHO shatter beats BHO shatter 9/10.

3 Likes

Inert atmosphere at least?

You’re just referring to the solvent recovery process, or extraction through purge?

Definitely Argon atmosphere and yes solvent recovery. I just couldn’t stand losing my terps and great flavor to vacuum purging. Many of my ethanol runs come out clean and clear enough to make diamonds. If not, it’s low and slow in an inert atmosphere.

3 Likes

I’m recalling tell of thin pours onto large mirrors, with a small fan to aide evap and ventilation…are you sweeping with your Argon?

Willing to share Flowrates?

edit: doh, that wont achieve recovery…

1 Like

Try and find that price in Canada…I can’t! Also have no legal BHO options yet…

1 Like

I purge very slowly with Argon and have a cold trap on a pretty large container. The initial bulk recovery is done with nitrogen from a nitrogen generator. Heat and vacuum eff your flavor profile in my opinion. I steer clear of both as often as possible or just use ambient conditions.

1 Like

how long are you pulling for…3 weeks?