Companies posting SOP's

Some company I’ve got pieces from in the past is starting to post SOP’s, didn’t look at em too much, but I thought it was neat and something I’d like to see more of.

16 Likes

Just checked out the shatter and hot tec sop and I wasn’t impressed

8 Likes

I just glanced at the small closed loop one, it’s 21 pages and explains things decently.

And while they can definitely execute better, I’m just using them as an example.

1 Like

Let’s tag in the person who wrote them all. @Meezey.

Maybe he can use some of these suggestions for improvements.

5 Likes

@Curious_Roberto It is definitely something I will be dedicating more time to. Thanks for stopping by the site.

@TRIPPIE I’ll take a look back on these to see where I can improve. I am open to suggestions!

13 Likes

I’m not the biggest fan of the saran wrap tek. Sounds like phthalate city.

Also I don’t like to turn off the vac pump on my shatter tek. I keep telling the ladies to suck it till its cold… Lately I’ve been doing what I call bop it tek lol

Heat it
Suck it
Cool it
Flip it

16 Likes

@TRIPPIE Thats a solid point. I read that some people used saran wrap and I had some decent runs using it but ill take down that SOP until I can come up with something else.

1 Like

Hey do whatever works for you. Maybe there is a safe saran wrap. That’s just the first thing I thought

1 Like

I’ve had a couple other people take the GLG SOPs and represent them as their own, which is why you’ve never seen them before.

Screenshot_20220112-160407_Drive

In this case, @Meezey followed the GLG Bootleggers guide precisely, in that the only requirement is that you give citations.

Well done sir!

If you do refine any of these and wish to reciprocate back, we would love to host them and give credit where due :pray:

24 Likes

I think it’s fantastic that you’ve done this would love this to be a standard going forward!

6 Likes

Brings up the same question about the liner on ball jar lids. In both cases the terps aren’t necessarily touching the lid (saran wrap) but the hydrocarbon vapors certainly are.

I doubt the wax and plastic liner on those jar lids is rated for butane exposure

17 Likes

I think its good to post SOP’s. Doesn’t exactly need to shed light onto a ’ secret step ’ or something you’ve developed but it can show customers knowledge of the process and QC controls taken to assure consistent quality… I’ve had buyers require them before in certain states specifically with regards to temperatures reached and maintained during decarb and distillation having to do with some sort of thermal control of biologicals.

5 Likes

Also if you claim some kind of numbers, solvent recovery rates for instance,shouldn’t you have an SOP for your customers to follow to ensure they’re getting said numbers?

Genuinely asking a question here.

4 Likes

I certainly agree with equipment suppliers. Nothing better than buying a ‘100L/hr FFE’ and realizing it really can only really run 60. Or ‘ high throughput wfe ‘ butttt if your yield is the most important thing then only run at half that speed…

2 Likes

Hey guys I know must of you all already know alot of this Info but I actually found it useful. Extractor solutions emailed me this today for some reason :rofl: the dab God knew I needed it. Anyway here’s the link for the community.

https://extractorsolutions.com/manuals-sops/

4 Likes

Thanks for plugging us in! We will continue to develop new content for the “Manuals and SOPs” page of the website, and share SOPs we find helpful from other industry professionals. So, please check back monthly for new content!

4 Likes

I’ve noticed with the loosie tek people are getting solution all over the lid.

Raised my eyebrows at least.

This was my concern.

7 Likes

Lol like how corken get their numbers. I’d love to know.

I was curious about this, so I reached out to Ball via email. They state that Ball jar lids have a BPA free coating. It is noted in a reply from their customer support that plastisol is used to line the rim of the lid. Unfortunately, they weren’t willing to fork up the details on their proprietary coating for the inside of the lid.

here is what they had to say.

"Our canning lids are not aluminum, they are made of five different materials; we start with a core base of steel sheeting, applying an ultra-fine tinplate coating to the top and twice the tinplate coating on the underside.
A BPA-Free base coating is then applied to the underside and a BPA-Free top coating is applied to both the top and underside of the lid. The sheets of tin-plated steel are then stamped out to create regular and wide mouth lids.
Lastly the plastisol is poured into the channel on the underside of each lid. "

"Our lids are strictly manufactured and sold for use with Ball, Kerr, Golden Harvest or Bernardin jars for canning foods.
The material used for the bpa coating is proprietary and we would not be able to share the materials used. "

11 Likes