Color of the distillate

Hello
What can I color my d8/d9 distillate with? My customers want a darker colored distillate

Get an amber sharpie and shade the jar

8 Likes

Take a portion of your oil and leave it in the sun while heating it then mix it back in. If you want it to be a lot darker, make some ethanol extracted crude, winterize it, then mix it into your beautiful light color distillate. You could also make it pink or purple by looking on here and doing some pH changes then heating the distillate.

You can also try and roll the dice with your customers health and vape food coloring that are oil based.

There are a number of topics on how to fix color problems, so just do the opposite.

2 Likes

could just forcefully oxidize some of it to do that. although, degrading your oil quality is not ideal. DO NOT add food coloring dyes or additives like that. just degrade the oil, lower the quality, and bam your custy’s have what they are looking for since ya know a dark distillate isnt the best but its cheap!

1 Like

Because yours looks like this?

CBD distillate….or many of the appropriate diluents you were recommended…

Or even crude…

Or you know, actual D9 distillate…

Presumably they want darker distillate because they don’t want converted oil….which is generally either bizarre shades of pink/purple, or almost water clear.

Extracting at rm temp with ethanol will get you green, but you can absolutely get that to “amber” with sunlight and the appropriate dilution.

You won’t need much flower.

3 Likes

Friends
And how to get an amber color?

Seriously…

CBD distillate.
CBD crude.

Eg: just a wee smidge of

Mother liquor from isolation of (you guessed it); CBD.

Seems like information needed to help you has to be dragged out of you…

Stating; I have converted distillate that I would like to look a more natural color would have been a more honest AND helpful way to start this conversation.

Continuing Loading distillate vape pen with “are any of the diluent you kind folks have suggested I use other than MCT or PG going to give me a more natural color” would have made it even easier for folks to be up to speed on what you actually need.

Your call. If you’re getting it solved this way have at it.

You’re making this way too damn hard for me to wanna play any more.

4 Likes