Cartridge information

yeah. no help at all. I’m currently disappointed with all the tools I’ve got.

when I had an unending supply of quality bho I used these critters.

I even ordered 20 of the things so my bioassay team had appropriate weaponry. But they waste a fair amount of oil if you try putting more than a couple of hits in there. they are also expen$ive, and will leak oil eventually. I’ve actually recovered almost 2g from a single cart when rebuilding. They require a temp control capable mod to fire them correctly (more $$). The fact that they are ceramic means they only last so long in my hands. They do give incredibly big and flavourful hits. I once had a pen vendor try one, and fall down in my office.

Made my day :slight_smile:

I find them more efficient than a torch heated nail, and for a long time I used them instead of my enail, even when it was on, and less than two feet away.

I looked at this one because it seemed more likely to bounce than the ceramic one. I got mine before they had coils compatible with temp control, and found that a pretty big drawback. I may revisit now they have nickel coils. it also leaked, even though you can close the air holes (until that mechanism becomes coated in oil).

Having played around with disposable carts that came in the door as samples, and being pushed hard to actually produce carts for the market place, I eventually accepted that there was less wasted oil in a tank style cart (assuming it didn’t leak or die). It was also more convenient to load days worth of meds at a time.

I haven’t yet managed to get all the way through the 3ml tank on my mini super tank without loosing oil out the bottom. So claiming it uses less oil than the Divine Crossing V3 may not be fair. I’ve only just purchased temp control capable coils for it, and am now almost out of the decarbed EHO I’ve been feeding it. Temp control definitely improves flavor, and also allows me to sacrifice flavor for efficacy when I need more meds.

the solution I find most gratifying is a pastuer pipette. with the addition of a small torch style lighter, you can use them to combust flower, vape flower, or as a nectar collector to vape oil. they’re borosilicate, so non-recyclable, but at $15 for a box of 250 the price is right.

5 Likes

Nice those pipetts things work like a honey straw? Like how do you use it? Just heat the glass and touch to the bho? Have you ever seen these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Yellow-Blue-Mini-Silicone-Honey-Straw-Titanium-Nail-/192560549632
It’s reusable obviously and the nail fiys inside the silicone tube and the wax container caps it off… Fits in pocket. Still need a torch but hits like a rig. You heat the nail and just touch the side to the bho and suck…Reminds me of old school knife hits. First time i seen at buddies I thought it was a dildo on the coffee table.

1 Like

yep. same concept. picked up the habit in grad school back when I was combusting flowers. every lab had boxes of the things, and there was usually a glass disposal bin right next to the exhaust hood. when I noticed folks were vaping their flower, I realized that waving the flame on the outside worked for that trick. however they were then very much single use. someone actually had to hand me a honey straw before I made the connection that in addition to penicillin, Pastuer had given us a multi-use cannabis delivery device :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! Dabbing a pipette right now! It works!

3 Likes

Yeah so I tried pretty much all the ones you said already,I have yocan hive , honey stick phantom,… Currently I use my linx hypno zero bc it can handle my live or a diamond in the go and it can hold my 510s… If I ever can get dialed in I may have a lil market for but more for me than any

Just the reusable ones tend to always leak out the bottom…

So far I pry the ccell back open and then reloaded couple times so far… No complaints but I have to take 2 8sec breathes for big hit… Thanks though I really appreciate it

@Soxhlet would probably be better at answering the return after winterizeing…I imagine it has to do with it you dewax in column mostly or don’t dewax any during blasting on returns ,bc one way your starting with tons wax and the other barely any but some…I stain the paper yellow during winterization, that’s it , but I’m dewaxing with dewaxing column during blast!

Only reason I like it man is bc I’m not using instant diluent that isn’t cannabased …true terps viscosity they told me is not triglycerides and is extracted out the plant they say… I’ll use straight terps I collect with my THC isolate. And only reason I’m winterizeing is viscosity you must or have distalites or THC isolates… Hope this makes lil more sense now … Thanks for sharing the info though!!!

1 Like

i think the dark oil just oil that has been exposed to more heat. it is just because there is no cotton wick and the way these carts work is different. they use a pourus ceramic material as a “wick” that holds the oil thats “on deck” to be vaporized next but the ceramic gets hotter than cotton and stays hotter longer so when u stop hitting it after a session that oil flows back down into the tank. if u hav ever heard of or used a health stone its the same material basically. this is also different then the “ceramic” coils that use a hard white ceramic that has heating wire embedded in it which basically doesnt have any oil “on deck” ie the new cup designs

1 Like

You ever come up with good live resin mix…I use viscosity also but I have to winterize then add terps, I’ve also been able to isolate thc out Diamonds from lil mining, it works great with viscosity… I’m curious to hear other reports, if I just use my live resin with viscosity it takes way more than they says for winterized and distalites and it split it a cloudy and clear portion, however I think the maybe from not getting cold enough during extraction. Thanks bro just looking to hear some other experiences and methods they are taking, im trying to stay away from the other non organic instant diluents.,I wrote true terps they told me same thing they told you, they can show sds and something else not sure what I was looking at though!

I’ve used the C18-VC with varying distillate/terp ratios and never had a leak or discoloration of oil.

2 Likes

Thanks. Maybe I’m overfilling? But I’ve tried those and had spitting issues. Those are 1 of 2 carts they make with no glued internals if I remember correct. For now I’m sticking with the Liberty V9. Ocity makes them too c19-vc probably. It’s got better airflow and doesn’t discolor or spit or leak either. The flavor is a little lacking but 4 outta 5 ain’t bad… I tried these new Liberty X5 still playing with them but seem promising. It’s a bottom feed “TCell” with adjustable Airflow like the liberty V5. Great design playing with ratio to see if I can get flavors on point.

I’ll definitely give the C18-VC another go with a thicker batch of oil. Maybe that will stop the spitting if it’s not from overfilling.

Have you tried thickening the mix yet… That’s been the biggest help ever since I started really trying to notice how they was mixed, mine normally thick, thin enough if you turned upside would after min move but not instant, the carts are supposed to be able to handle a thin mix though… Good luck man If the mix then you’ll have hundreds of great carts…

Yeah the last time I did about 1.25:1 diluent to oil ratio which pretty much solved the brown stuff oozing out of the intakes.

@MrDobalina I just went back and tried the c18-vc and the flavor is better then the c19-vc still spitting but I’ll see if a little thicker oil will fix this.

that triethyl citrate on amazon tastes like glue from an envelope you lick, eck! I am no fan of MCTs, but its not as gross flavorwise.

2 Likes

Gonna try out this Triethyl citrate as a diluent in my distillate carts.

Wish I found this site yes ago. Would have saved me ounces of wasted failed cart attempts.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine any use for the sample of triethyl citrate Ive got, not only does it taste and smell unpalatable, it crystallized into gunk in the pen. I just mixed it with thca though (a gram of cryo fresh frozen ethanol extract took about 2/3 of a ml of triethyl citrate while warming and stirring to become liquid enough to fill the cartridge).

2 Likes

Well since you trust ppl at this site don’t use that shit throw it away, you have distalites use terpenes from sauce, or product called viscosity from trueterps… But you’ll still be terps to flavor

Ccell brand carts can take straight distalites at that!

3 Likes

Ive had some great results with a 60:30 ratio of decarbed diamonds to HTE. I also used a 10% cut of viscosity. Some are better then others dependent on strain. I will say i do notice a huge difference in taste with the tapered mouth piece vs round on the Jupiter c cell carts. IMO i think jupiter carts are quite a bit better then the ccell knock offs.

1 Like

What brand carts? Better than ccell brand?

Jupiter?..I was using the ones from Apex

I’m trying an experiment with MTC. I used some of my eliq flavorings to add a subtle “cake batter” flavor to it before mixing with the concentrate and terpes. So far so good tastes amazing on the tounge. We will see if it sticks when vaped. Going to steep a few more days.

I used about 30 drops total of Bavarian cream, cake batter, dairy milk and a hint of blueberry… To 30ml mtc. I personally just can’t stand the coconut oil taste.

Any links or photos for cartridge recommendations would be appreciated…

Are you talking about the Itsuwa Jupiter cartridge or another company?

It was my understanding Itsuwa was OEM of Liberty and Jupiter among others and Apex labs was OEM of CCell.

Maybe less diluent more stirring? How long does everyone stir the mixture for? I’ve seen suggestions as long as 3-4 hours and up to 24 hours “steep” time…
Out of non cannabis diluent I’ve had the best results with strain specific pre blended terpes by themselves. When I start adding PG or MTC I’ve run into terpenes flavor loss. I’m thinking because I’m not mixing/steeping long enough.
Are the big boys using homoginizers for mixing in the MTC?