Cartridge information

Hey I tried a bunch of carts from ocity… Keep having same issue. Brown oxidized oil leaking out of intake holes and clouding/darkening the cart.

I’m a DIY -er for personal so kind of a hack job.

I’ve tried different diluents with same results.

I was about to come to the conclusion it is the carts… But then I thought maybe too much air contact when mixing?

Should I be mixing in a vaccum chamber?

This is how I’ve done in past…

Heated shatter/wax in glass cup on hot plate to about 110-120 F

Added diluent and mixed with magnetic stirrer for few minutes.

Cap off for 24 hours.

Filled carts.

Left upside down 12 hours.

Vaped the cart… About 1/4 of the way through the brown stuff starts leaking out the intake holes. Eventually turning the oil in the cart brown almost black…

What am I doing wrong.

Is it the carts…

Procedure…

Or dirty wax?

Anyone else familiar with ocity carts feel free to chime in.

1 Like

Have you tried ikrusher carts?

2 Likes

No I havent

Can you send a sample?

Of course. but need some info. like company name, name, phone number, shipping address, and email address.

I do the same SOP except with distillate (and we dont wait 24 hours). I have used many carts and never seen any discharge. I think it is your hash oil.

2 Likes

Winterizing helps tons! That made a major difference for me, I was thinking use live resin, but no,

Unfortunately with Vapes unless you want instant diluent , then your gonna need winterized product , distalites, or THC isolates ( that’s the ones I use lately from my Diamonds OTSS Tek)!!!

That made major difference, only problem when you decarb under vacuum, your losing terps no matter if vacuum or not just heat does this,

Add terps in the end for flavor!

And I’m still using a terp based cutting agent, viscosity from true terps at the moment

And most importantly have you tried CCell brand cart?

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I did get some V9 straight from itsuwa no brown leakage so far…I did reduce the diluent down a bit so I’ll have to vape an old cart to be sure.
I was hoping it was the diluent and sop not the concentrate. But you are both probably right…
I appreciate the feedback.
It’s all I can get hands on now… I got feelers out for distillate but right now I can get the shatter 50% less then distillate and that’s still 75% too much lol…

Have you tried CCell brand carts and what diluent are you using… And the ratio is never what’s on the box of the diluent , it just can’t physically have a set amount w there being thick oil carts and thin oil carts, are you using thick or thin oil, then are your carts matching?

Sounds like your cutting to much and don’t leave in hot car this will cause the same thing, don’t store anywhere hot at that, room temp

With the mixture your using you want to go with drop down cartridges that have holes to the atomizer on the bottom not on the side/ center post. This will help you prevent that backwash dark oil effect you are getting. Like the other members are saying it does have a lot to do with your mix and eventually even the LV9 will create dark streaks in your cart.

bdrop

2 Likes

Do the CC Sells work good with distillate

1 Like

All my friends out west pointed me to ccell brand carts, they have thick and thin carts, they said that’s their bread and butter for distalites carts!.. They work great for me, I have the standard ones which are for thin oil like distalites… It works great with my THC isolate terp mix… Then also works great with my thick winterized mixes in the standard thin carts., didn’t even get the thick oil ones… I’m just trying bunch different mixing ways at moment, after you choose the carts that’s the best biggest thing

Biggest thing that change my whole ENTIRE experience was 2 things,

First the ccell brand carts
Next getting away from cutting agents that are not cannabis derived
Made flavor perfect then and the carts was the biggest change, hell they even make the instant diluent work pretty good!

I have tried pretty much every cart. Love the flavor in the ccell. Probably best flavor over all out of all carts I’ve tried. If I get distillate at dispensary I can put that straight in no need for terpes unless you want flavor. This has worked perfect every time with or without terpes. But at $60 a gram from dispensary it’s not feasible.

but with my thin ratio I had spitting issues. Maybe I’ll try smaller apature ccell when I get low on carts in a few years lol. This will probably fix the spitting issue.

I have tried true terpenes “viscosity” as well as a lesser know brand “abstraxx” diluent made by ricca
And pg based made by" wax liquidizer"

The problem I get with the true terpes or even the Abstraxx TEC diluent (triethylcitrate or something like that my spelling is awful.) when I mix base with the flavored terpes it turns the nice clear liquid into yellow cake batter. And leaves chunky stuff stuck to my glass cups… I’m guessing it’s wax fats lipids whatever you call it.

I have tried everything from 1-5% strain specific terpes by themselves to 1-5% strain terps + 5-15% “viscosity” (more “flavor less” terpes) also tried using MTC instead of Viscosity or Abstraxx brand TEC diluent no matter what I do when it cools it gets all cloudy - cake batter. I ended up having to add wax liquidizer just to save the batch. As you can imagin it tasted aweful. Looks even worse in cart. Looks like half melted crisco with little white floaters.

So the wax liquidizer works for my concentrate except for the discharge issue…

I just got V9 in mail (super fast btw picked up Sunday in China and Delivered to me in US Monday.) and they are a big improvement over the other carts as far as discharge. The flavor is not as good as ccell but it doesn’t discharge and it hits just as hard or harder.

I also lowered the PG content a bit. So I’m thinking that helped discharge but also took away a little more flavor.

So Im pretty confident it’s the concentrate but could be just too much PG even though I’m well under what it says on the bottle.
Unfortunatlly I can’t get distillate for a reasonable price personally so right now it is what it is… My options are Wait patiently a few more years until I can make my own legally or take a chance on the dark web or crossing state lines.

@Mumbles Is it just distillate you can’t acquire at an acceptable price point?

you could go the diy route with minimal tooling costs & without using 'tane.

@StoneD has shown that isolating THCA and then decarbing will get you “distillate like” purity…and there is documentation available for isolation of THCA using low temperature repressing on buttered rosin.

one might even postulate that squishing buttered QWISO or QWET would work…or whatever buttered & non-decarbed feedstock you can acquire.

1 Like

Did you ever try winterizing with Viscosity? That’s supposed to be the issue if not using distalites, once I started winterizing some material it stays a clear golden, rather dark this batch bc I barely put any viscosity, made it really thick…I should have put more… This is really concentrated mix… this is just purely to fix separation issue…

My next batch will be really light colored, bc using the THC isolates then adding terps I probably want need any cutting agent… Just terps, and I’m finally starting to collect up my own!

Yeah for me the BHO or CO2 is half the price of distillate and only 5-7% less total THC. I wish I lived in OR CO or CA where I can get distillate for 6-15$G.

I’m going to probably have to go that route in near future.

I was afraid of losing even more volume by dewaxing but It seems it’s the only way to add actual non-synthetic terpenes.

1 Like

Thanks Thought about this… Do these have ceramic coil any option with metal tip/glass tube?
Flavor and big hits?

I appreciate it. The 2mm ccell will hit bigger with the thick but flood with thin stuff.

Until I can get some clean distillate or winterize my oil myself I’m going to have to stick with the PG for now. The terpes I have just won’t work without seperating and I haven’t even tried true canna based terpes because of price /availability.

Right now I landed on the Liberty V9 it’s the best option for Flavor and Big hits with PG for minimal dark streaks.

The Ccell are definitely better flavor and very little warm up time IMO but the airflow on the V9 is impressive. And once warmed up the vapor production is the same or better… Still wish the flavor was on point with CCell.

I just got an email from Itsuwa they have a new model cartridge you all may want to check out… New X Series Liberty X5. I don’t want to jinx but it looks like all in one 10/10 on paper.
It’s a “t-cell” (CCell) WITH huge adjustable airflow just like the V9 AND top feeding ceramic coil. 6X 1.2 mm apature. This will be my next purchase for sure. This is only listing I could find but I’m going to try and order straight through itsuwa.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32874984211.html?pid=808_0000_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32874984211&

Are you an extractor? Winterizing is one the easiest things I’ve ever done, I just started recently for vapes…

Ive already figured out easy ways to obtain the isolates clear water if you do extract, very easy and you get the terps to use as added flavor, I bought some from true terps, strain profiles, they are great, but one drop per gram is to much!!! Maybe one drop per 2g! So that it doesn’t burn your nose… And this bottle is lasting forever flavoring Vapes when I don’t have my own terps… It’s actually enough to flavor about 40-50g with the smallest bottle they have!

But if you do extract they are really easy ways out there to pretty close to water pure distalites in looks, don’t know about on paper…!!!

Good luck buddy keep us in the loop on the best carts,. Do you have a personal favorite for yourself at home, then a favorite if you was dispensing, like disposable and not

How much weight on average would I lose winterizing an ounce of pull n snap consistency?

Im kind of happy with my results for my cart search and its not having a discharge issue so if it ain’t broken any more… That’s where I’m at…

As for favorite cart… Those CCell are probably the best so far over all.

The Liberty V9 are close 2nd for flavor but have better airflow and maybe hit a little harder then the CCell.

This X5 “t cell” i haven’t tried yet but it looks to be the union of the two. So my hopes are set HIGH for that one. If it has ccell flavor and V9 airflow and throat hit I’ll probably wet myself.

If you buy the CCell that Im not using I will send one of each liberty for you to try. I know what it’s like searching for carts. I probably spent over a G on carts just trying to find the best ones for both flavor and vapor production. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel…

If the mix is just for personal you may want to look into a bigger atomizer with replaceable coils and mod box Or something like a Hercules 510 or yocan hive or honey stick. I’ve never tried any of these but they have popped up many times in my search. I have tried a refillable square pod from vape dynamics that had very good taste maybe better then ccell and good clouds but the carts are expensive, only work with their battery and its hard to finish the last 25% of product inside because of square design and coil placement. They may have redesigned coil since then. I’ve also tried a uwell Crown, smok baby beast and kangertech evod with some success with thinner mixes. Maybe @cyclopath can help here. Pretty sure he hates the idea of disposable carts… Maybe you could share your everyday vaping set up? If you vape that is.