Cartridge information

Homogenizers are recommended all over this site for mixing oils with flavors.

3 Likes

I guess that will be my next purchase next level up. Cheapest I’ve found is 5-600$. Any recomendations? For Very small scale. Usually 28grams or less harsh oil each flavor/batch.

I’m going to go ahead and let this next one mix on the magnetic stirrer for 3-4 hours and see what I come up with. Every other batch I’ve just mixed for a few minutes until it looked blended and clear. Appreciate everyone’s help.

I have something similar to this, but mine is for up to a liter. Got it for about $200

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BioSpec-985-370-Tissue-Tearor-Homogenizer-1-50-mL-Samples-5000-30000-type-2/182891935296

1 Like

Cool thanks I’ll have to scout ebay.

This is the one I was looking at…

https://megadepot.com/product/scilogex-85010301-d160-homogenizer?format=v&p=ms&source=ads&gclid=CjwKCAjwyMfZBRAXEiwA-R3gMyf9DMAhC_zx33D-IUoIAAYIrkGzWnkY9xfEvI3H7BsiGXNYz0hsTxoCeYcQAvD_BwE

With this probe…

Approx $420

How long would you typically run it for? My batch would be roughly 28g Hash oil / 14ml MTC / 5ml terps. Under 50ML total

Wondering if it would be possible to 3D print one of those probes to fit a regular dremel. :thinking:

1 Like

How are the Ikrusher carts so far? I have a few samples coming in the mail.

I really like the a3-c by Transpring so far. 1.6mm intake hole diameter + 1ohm or 1.2ohm resistance coils work very well with an un-cut, thicker vape.

I have also tried some of the older itsuwa models but have never been a big fan of top airflow. The longer path that the air has to take results in a poor/in-consistent draw. I’ve ordered some of their newer models and will report.

2 Likes

The difference between a stirrer and homogenization is the sheering power. You’re talking 2,000 RPM vs 30,000 RPM to homogenize. I don’t know how fancy your 3d printer is, but I would NOT spin anything at 30,000 RPM that could possibly fracture and turn into a flying arrow head. Use the search feature to look up homogenization and you’ll see @CATScientific go into great detail why and where you would want to homogenize. Those probes use this sheer energy to force your substance through itty bitty slits, a dremel wont do it.

After a 30 second google search, a Dremel 4300 can hit 35,000k RPM. There are no specs on what it can spin that fast, but I imagine the viscous oil would never allow those speeds with a sheering attachment, or if it does it would burn up.

4 Likes

What % mass of triethyl citrate did you use for the cbd isolate ?

3 Likes

The sheerer is incased in a tube so the flying arrow thing isnt really a issue.

Not sure if its possible thats why I asked…

Ive seen 3D printed drone propellers and those spin a hell of a lot faster then 30K rpm on a full charge /full throttle and they dont disintegrate and shred apart. They are pretty hard to break in fact, they survive high speed crashes all the time. Ive also seen plans for 3D pistols so Im thinking they have some pretty strong plastics.

And i know my dremels go to 15K for L-ion & 30k+ for corded.

With that said, I bought a D160 homogenizer from megadepot.Com for $420 and it is basically a dremel. The only differences is the base is threaded to accomodate the rotor sheerer housing. The housing or “sheerer” is stainless steel and has 6 sharp slots cut out at bottom. This threads onto the “dremel device” and the probe or “rotor” inside is what spins and is also solid steel with forked or slot on the bottom to spin force the matter out of the 6 slots. The “rotor” shaft sits inside the “dremel” like tool with standard chuck and passes through the center of the “sheerer”

It has NO problem getting up to 25-30K RPM with warm concentrate and 6-10% terpenes. And Im using THICK concentrate shatter. . thca would probably mix easier.

The Liberty V9 have been best for me. I hear you on the long path but I paired up with itsuwa max battery or even use with my geekvape mod and it rips. Granted the first 1 maybe 2 hits are thinner but after that I cant get past a 6 second draw without coughing. Its like taking a dab from your stingy buddy. Lol

1 Like

I finally canceled my order after 5 weeks (2weeks longer than told it would be ) and still no definite delivery date. I really do enjoy taking to reps who have no idea and constantly stumble when you throw actual numbers and rates at them, referring to when they were trying to sell me a filling machine that was suppose to do some crazy amount of carts an hour but had a very small reservoir

Hi mumbles, did you buy $160 motor and $220 probe?

I honestly dont remember but it was the cheapest available option brand new and I found a promocode online I believe… I wish I had gone for the longer probe though… maybe 10 inch I think… It was a little more money but would work better for larger vessels. The 5 inch is only suitable for test tubes or smaller cylinders and beakers imo. Maybe up to 100ml at best when used in conjuction with magnetic stirrer. IMO… But does the job for me for now at about 30-60 ml batches. Oh and it is pretty loud when it gets humming at 20-25k

How are the China v9 or x5 clones? I’ve had good luck with China ccell clones even more so than real ccells

The V9 clones from ocity are good C19-VC I think they call them. No distinguishable difference. I havent tried any frim another seller yet… Working on one now I found on dhgate for $299 for 250 units mixed .5ml and 1mI.

I probably would not recommend The X5 for thinner oils and V9 is cheaper anyway I really liked the design originally but they leaked from mouth piece and gurgled / spit with thinner mix. I want to try ALD AC1003 or AC1013 Next. Same concept as X5 but they have like 5mil units sold in US and are same carts my local dispensary uses for thinner 58-70% thc mct terp mixes

I found them on alibaba I believe min order 100 units at 2.25 ish a peice maybe pretty competitive for small order…

2 Likes

Thanks for reply👍

For those using ccell-style carts, what size holes do you prefer for your distillate assuming that you cut with terps and/or some other substance? I think 2.0mm is too big (can leak after repeated rips especially on high battery settings), 1.6mm might be just about right. I’m wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

1 Like

Hi,

Did you already try our carts AC1003, AC1013 already? We have flash sales for AC1013 this month, but it’s glass mouthpiece

You should take a look at Floraplex too. They have better pricing. They may not have all of the less used terps that True Terpenes has but they have quite a selection of isolates and their own blends. They will send you samples too. Hit them up on IG. Here’s their website:

https://www.buyterpenesonline.com/

3 Likes

ive gone as small as .5 mm and still got black soot with a 60% THC mix. IMO this will only go away with ceramic cotton wrapped coils like Liberty V9 or clones or coils with the holes on bottom of foot like the X5 X6 from Itsuwa and the AC1007 from ALD. If you go too large with the apature on thin fluid it wil leak out the mouth piece gurgle and spit into your mouth. I use shatter so distillate is way different. I have used pure clear THCA in the 2.0 CCEll with no issues at all in .5 ml. the 1ml tend to get cloggd toward the end. If your cutting with terpenes the 1.6 should be fine. Right now I use the 1.0 or 1.2 I forget the small apature holes on the V9. Its a good comprimise for thin or thick mix. I mispoke before @Ascent interested in AC1007 & AC1013 you have my address if you want to send me one of each for a sample. but at near double the price of the V9 that works fine for me, Ill have to pass until I know they have some advantage over what Im using now.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried Ygreen SC6 all ceramic cartridges? I have samples in the mail but looking for input.