Cartridge information

To put my two cents in… The ccell has been my top choice for cart performance so far, I’d recommend it over any others at the moment.

Came across this research paper on the safety of some common cutting agents:

Carbonyl Compounds Produced by Vaporizing Cannabis Oil Thinning Agents
William D. Troutt, Matthew D. DiDonato

TLDR;
“Results: Analyses showed that PEG 400 produced significantly higher levels of acetaldehyde and formaldehyde than PG, MCT, and VG. Formaldehyde production was also significantly greater in PG compared with MCT and VG. Acrolein production did not differ significantly across the agents.”

As far as homogenization goes I may be a bit bias :wink: but it comes from trying out different methods until finding the fastest, easiest, repeatable process that I use now.

Heated Mag Stir Bar:
Pros - Cheap, Simple, Quiet.
Cons - Heat (Loss of volatiles), can take hours, cannot begin mixing until viscosity drops significantly, cant mix powders/solids, low uniform potency

Ultrasonic:
Pros - Particle size reduction, Great for low viscosity liquids, Easy cleaning, Moderate Price. Cons - Hot spots (material degradation/oxidation), limited viscosity range, cant mix powders/solids, Loud

Rotor-Stator:
Pros - High shear, Fast, Cheap/Moderate Price.
Cons - Limited viscosity range cannot mix high viscosity materials (distillate) without preheating, Incorporates air, can’t mix powders/solids, difficult to clean

SpeedMixer DAC:
Pros - High/Low shear, Fastest mixing, Any viscosity, No-Preheating necessary, No clean up, Particle size reduction, Can accomplish multiple processes, Can use vacuum with/without inert gases, Quiet.
Cons - Higher Price, Heavy, Essentially only accessible for commercial applications, Models top out at 10kg capacity

As I’ve recently posted, I am affiliated with SpeedMixer and understand the scrutiny I might encounter stating such but we do cart mixing all the time. Generally for carts its just terp/distillate with no cutting agents with full homogenization reaching 97%+ uniform potency (RSD) in around 3 minutes.

5 Likes

Good post very comprehensive

I was in the market for something to mix distillate/terps and also medicate agave for drink infusions.

My very first email was to SpeedMixer, took around 5 days for a response and was met with a questionnaire instead of a price. In fear of another 5 day wait I didn’t ever respond. Instead I purchased a 2000$ homogenize from CAT and 500$ cheap scilogex for smaller batches

Throw some prices up on the site or at bare minimum respond to emails in a timely fashion. Strike while the irons hot

3 Likes

I have tested Itsuwa and Ald in more depth over the past couple of weeks and my preference is the ALD. The flavor and consistency of vaporization is superior IMO. I also believe that the construction is of higher quality in the long term. This was somewhat confirmed by the pod style pens that each company offers…ordered a sample of the full suite of products from each. Pod pens from Itsuwa fell apart immediately and tasted awful. ALD on the other hand rocked it…theyre supplying large companies like Stiiizy etc and are gaining some serious market share.

2 Likes

Hey I just recently started playing with a new atomizer called “flawless tugboat” paired with “blaze 200” coils. Its pretty cool design. Standard 3ml tank but the coils are unique. They are a cylindrical ceramic coil that is reusable maybe indefinetly with an outer cotton sleeve that is removable/replaceable. So basically you clean the ceramic cylinder when necessary and replace the cotton sleeve every fill or so. I can not attest to pure isolate but my shatter mix has done well up to 85-90% oil to 10-15% flavored/unflavored terpenes. The hits are enormous. Anything more then 1-2 seconds and you will cough for sure. It doesnt leak out of the pin hole area but a small amout did leak out of the mouth piece when I left it upside down for a day or two. Ive had it filled for weeks now with no real leaking issues.

Might be something to look into. I found it for $16 on ebay but the coils were harder to find. If you like how it runs I would suggest hording as many coils & sleeves as you can because they could disappear from retail at any given time.

1 Like

How long do you homogonize and at what speed would you recommend for rotor strator…5 inch probe goes up to 30000rpm I would be using in conjunction with magnetic stirrer hotplate and small batches 60ml or less. Thanks a bunch

Glues mixing woth ypur pil and makong some black mystery oil!

Rebuildable Dripping & Tank Atomizers - RBA, RDA, RTA, RDTA ??!

reminds me of the sai

1 Like

I second the use of V8 & V9 carts, i get 1ml ones from puffmen for $2.13 each minimum order of 100. I also get my batteries from them for ~$3.50 each. Ive used both of their apperture sizes without issues with distillate diluted with 10% terpenes.

3 Likes

After reading this thread im a bit confused. A recent order from vapcartridgefactory (Kevin Wang on FB) produced tons of returns from “oil not spitting into people’s mouth” which I’m seeing people refer to on here as gurgling. The previous batch had no issues of 500 had no issues however after filling 300 and getting 60 returns I gave up on the supplier. I’m doing 7-10% terps cut with the rest distillate, 1ml, 1.8mm holes ccell clones. I’m not using any type of electric stirring mechanism just heat and manually stirring. Is gurgling generally to large of holes with too thin of distillate, could it be just manufacturer defect, or possibly my mixing not being homogenous? My stuff it’s completely solid at room temp flipping the cart takes probably an hour before seeing anything change viscosity. A recent order from another clone vendor produced a 1% failure rate which is acceptable by me. Any thoughts?

1 Like

sometimes a quality slips in those factorys.
we prototyped a cart line with liberty v9’s all of our testing was good. Even the first 1k went out without issue. Then came the issues, come to find out that the factory let quality slip and thousands of v9’s all across the country were running into problems. My supplyer offered to buy back anything that wasn’t filled. Sometimes when your trying your hardest, you get fucked the most!

1 Like

It would really help to know who the cart manufacturer was and not who sold them.

I know a lot of companies use OCityTimes because they are super cheap ccell clones.

Hell no. Lol too much $
this one…

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162886047425![Screenshot_2018-09-10-14-44-05|250x500](upload://hsXrjlz8EiEbMBhYw9LDiL11Jcj.jpg) I cant find the coils anymore but for 12.99 its almost cheaper to get a whole unit again. It comes with 2 coils and 3 cotton sleeves you can see what im talking about in second picture. Ceramic cylinder with replaceable cotton. I havent tried it with isolate but honey consistency worked good no leaks started tasting a little burnt at the end of 3 mil cleaned coil in alcohol and replaced cotton and filled up no issues so far. Maybe just fill up to top of inlet holes first time to test. Waste not want more.

How much did you use?

Does anyone have any luck with live resin in carts? Every cart I try, it ends up tasting burnt, the effects are there but flavor is lacking, I’ve tried different gradients to try to find one that will work. I reached out to companies and have samples in the mail.

CCell - burnt
Jupiter - burnt
YGreen - won’t vape

What pod did you tested from ALD ?

AC1013 and AC1006 top airflow .5ml have big saving price, do you have any demand?

What is your oil thc percentage?@SPD-408

We are looking at 75% formulations.

@SPD-408 We have many cartridge can work for 75% oil