Cannabis Industry Resumes [Offered Service]

Hey everyone, just reaching out to the community to offer those without the ability to type up and format a resume that represents their experience in a way that allows recruiters/employers to quickly see the value you have to offer, a service for the creation of a resume from scratch.

I found difficultly doing this myself at first and hired someone on Fiverr for $100 a few years back. It had fancy words but was completely generic and did not suit me well as an industry-specific worker.

Through 2019 I helped me and some coworkers get resumes we felt represented us well without downright lying. I know now, it feels great to have a resume ready for when someone asks for it. Something I can quickly send and know gave me my best shot for a callback.

With all that being said, I am still in a “Re-Positioning” phase myself and figured I could offer this as a service to others. This thought came to mind when I read through the “job opportunities” category, a fellow industry man said flat out “I don’t know how to go about just making a resume.”

The Ad

What you will get.

• A 30-60 Minute Interview on your entire career to uncover your story and work experiences and desired direction.
  • Work History Summaries in each position in a professional format that highlights strengths and skills accumulated.
  • Profesional Summary that based on your experience, summaries you as an applicant to your recruiter.
  • Technical Skills and Knowledge Highlights bullet point list that quickly shows key skills you possess that hold value with recruiters both cannabis and non-cannabis industry-specific.
  • Position Recommendation from my experience as a manager and now dealing with recruiters trying to find me a position I will personally recommend a seniority level based on your experience to aim for in your searches.
  • Profesional Headshot Aid where I will guide you through taking a headshot photo that professionally presents you. I will guide you through setting up a shot that makes it easy for me to edit the background and lighting curves so you look like a model and not someone from the first episode of “The Office (UK).”
  • A Final Resume PDF File compressed size that looks good, fits your experience, and is easy to email or print.

Asking Price: $200
Resume Updates: $75-$100

If you are interested DM Me and I’ll find the easiest way to complete this payment along with scheduling a video conference or phone call to start this process.

Below is my resume I use for applying for base technician positions and the resume I use for managerial or supervisor positions.

Technician Resume.pdf (534.7 KB)
Management Resume.pdf (1.0 MB)
I changed all my personal exact information.

25 Likes

Nice work

1 Like

Great price. I definitely send people in the industry to a specific writer for the same price, but they aren’t focused on the industry or catering to it specifically.

I’d like to pick your brain in the DM.

4 Likes

Appreciate the comment! Thats fine Ill DM you now. :v:

I had Darren help me get together an industry resume about a month ago and have to say he was great! He was extremely prompt (unlike this review I’m sorry Darren) replied the same day I sent him a dm, had our extensive phone interview (lasted a bit over an hour) two days later where we went into depth about my experience and abilities. Was sent a draft 3 days later (only because I was not able to get an appropriate or any professional photo to him as I’m sure he would have had it done sooner). Then a final copy which an aesthetically pleasing, well formatted resume that highlights my skills and experience. Super chill guy, easy to talk with and has a great final product. Maybe I’ll post a slightly redacted copy here.
Thanks again Darren

12 Likes

Bump!

If your looking to tighten up your resume or create one in the first place I have a knack for describing trap experience in a way that gives you a stage to sell your skills to potential employers. :man_scientist::+1:

7 Likes

What a great deal, i can pretty much guarantee if someone came to me with a resume like this i would put them right to the top of the list! My resume is similar with a headshot and nicely formatted easy to read layout. its been years but i was heavily complimented during all my interviews with it and got a few offers that i myself could then choose the best fit.

I strongly believe without the time spent on a resume i would have been lower on the list of potential employees!

4 Likes

This is a really cool service. I’m not seeking a job, but I’m almost willing to do it just to have a fancy resume. Mine looks like ass and I don’t think I present myself as well as somebody else could.

Anyways, good shit and I hope people who are job hungry should definitely be taking you up on this.

3 Likes

Hey, @Darrenjaydirect do you also offer resume updating? if someone purchased a resume service from you and then 2 years later wanted their info updated you should list that service as an additional option.

4 Likes

Great idea! I usually just mention if they need any updates to get in touch but if quite some time goes by then it’s worth a small fee. Appreciate the expansion of service idea man :beers::wave:

3 Likes

I might be old school, but until you’re 50 and have had multiple executive positions, you only get one page. Your resume is supposed to be a snapshot, one page should do it.

Your content and formatting looks great, no shade from me, keep doing what works. Maybe I’m out of touch.

At dinner tonight, we (Mom, Dad, 4 boys 11, 12, 16, 17) had a heated discussion about whether young men should be allowed to wear hats at school. I’ve raised my boys to take their hats off inside and no one wears a hat at my table. But, they made me think, why is that important to me? Maybe hats off at my dinner table and one page resumes aren’t a thing anymore.

11 Likes

what about design portfolios?

They still teach one page resumes in business school, you bring an actual C.V. for the real interview though

4 Likes

I think the resume needs to fit the job you are applying for these days.

Most need a single page, some you might get put to the front of the stack if it has a cover letter or something that catches the employers attention.

A lot of jobs now can call for more of a portfolio or presentation of technical skills which could be digital and not a “page” at all.

4 Likes

@Sidco_Cat @pdxcanna @thesk8nmidget
It has always benefited me to keep a summary first page and in-depth follow-up pages for those interested in the experience.

It’s the difference between turning two years into a bullet point that devalues the experience and actually telling the story of what you did and accomplished.

I have gotten “well I usually like one-page resumes but I will say yours piqued my curiosity.” when I applied for candescent here in CA.

1 Like

I don’t know, In grad school we had a whole course on resume and cover letter writing. It was a bit more than just those to but it was business writing which teaches people to be short and concise with your writing.

Cover letters are for your summary but your resume should always be 1 page. Your time to capture the attention of the person hiring is seconds. If you can’t do it fast. Your gonna have issues.

If I was hiring. I’d probably eliminate all the 2+ page resumes without even looking.

6 Likes

I respect your opinion strongly but damn that is so counterintuitive I must say. To reject a resume based on length is ass backwards.

Having a Summary Page and in depth follow up pages would literally be the perfect middle ground.

I appreciate the feedback from you all, I’ll reconsider my formatting. :beers:

2 Likes

You only have a fraction to capture the mind of the person doing the hiring.

My wife is a executive recruiter for Comcast too. Even executives with 20-30 years experience get it down to a page. I really think it’s the most important aspect of the resume.

8 Likes

I completely agree. One way I’ve dealt with it is to organize my resume by experience rather than jobs. That way, I can get the main points of my baked proposition without a long list with bullet points on every job.

4 Likes

Arranging based on experience gained or essentially spotlighting rather than chronologically is actually an amazing solution! Good share!

3 Likes

I had a resume made by Darren a few weeks ago. I believe his attention to detail and ability to sum up your life work history and experience in a short 30-45 minute call is really something. When working with Darren we went through two revisions and the end result was a really nice and modern style one page resume with a cover letter. While at first I did think Darren’s price was a little high. In the end I realized I couldn’t have made a resume on my own this well and fast.

But there are some things I want to address for future clients of darrens services. While it looks great if you plan on editing or revising the finished resume on your own as I did for other industry’s. Darren’s formatting is really something. Each section of words had different line and letter spacing, some of which did not make any sense. When I would change spacing to match other sections it would be completely off.

All that being said it was 100% worth it getting my resume done by Darren. If your looking for a industry tailed resume id definitely recommend. Just dont bother editing it yourself if your not computer adept.

4 Likes