Bucket Tek Upgrade

Take this Tek and upgrade to

with one of these

hayward-bfasseries_bulkheadfitting_bfas1020ces

Add a 3/4" barb to the bulkhead

Add a 5psi PRV

PRV

to the 3/4" bung on the lid.
Use a 2" PVC threaded adapter to add a T with 2x ball valves, one with a 3/4" barb, the other with an air hose quick connect (male)
Use a 3/4" hose to connect the bulkhead barb to the barb on the lid.

Using a compressor, we can now move ethanol from one vessel to the other by applying positive air pressure to the head space of the barrels.

23 Likes

Please elaborate a little further. where does the bulkhead go. what is the other vessel? do you have picture?

1 Like

Here’s a hybrid gravity + pressure vessel setup. Sorry it’s the best pic I have.

16 Likes

Could we get a picture of what you are trying to mean? I assume that we should have a T on the bottom with 2 valves, and one of them is also a quick connect for the compressor. So would this mean we would have 2 quick connects, one on top the other on the bottom?

Will LCB approve?

Fat chance

2 Likes

Maybe if you start here :thinking:

https://www.usedstainlesssteelbarrels.com/shop/stainless-steel-barrels/55-gal-316-used-stainless-open-head-barrel-1-5mm-copy/

but you might as well get jacketed pressure vessels at that point…

3 Likes

Ya idk how much pressure I’d feel safe applying to a 55gal stainless drum…

that’s what the PRV is for :wink:

it’s also one reason going with the jacketed pressure vessel was suggested as the more prudent route…

2 Likes

Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget) - #11 for those not on a budget…

https://infinitysupercritical.com/2018/10/30/infinity-5-gallon-bucket-ethanol-winterization-solution-mixing-and-ethanol-botanical-extraction-system/

1 Like

that thing looks janky lol!

3 Likes

agreed.
frame appears bolted together.
barely.

4 Likes

The pricing is crazy too. I could just see people cracking them buckets full with material and ethanol.

$20k-50k for that. Some people are so pot crazy is nuts. How high do you have to be to think $20k for that is a good idea.

6 Likes

I think it’s the ethanol fumes or the terpenes

1 Like

I just bought 3x 40qt SS stick pots vs my usual 5g bucket for fear of cracking the bucket. Please tell me I didnt just toss 160.00 in the garbage.

2 Likes

ok. your stainless was a good investment.
you can’t cook potatoes in a plastic bucket.

6 Likes

Debatable

9 Likes

No need for debate. I concede that the plastic bucket and sous vide will get the spuds done. :wink:

5 Likes

What degree of mixing do you all do when your solvent is under -67°C? I’m going to be going with 2 washes each for 5 minutes. On the flip side, is there such thing as too much stirring? Merry Christmas everyone!

2 Likes

I use a large wood paint mix stick. I also soaked about 30-40 mins and got nothing but awesome liquid gold.

This was a dry ice soaked run. Super cold start to filter.

4 Likes