Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget)

Now I know eho is great way to extract, but out where I am going, in the mountains, there isnt eho. Gotta think real basic. Maybe something like butter? This is Africa we talking about.

1 Like

Hashish! We need Frenchie canoli(sp?) over here

11 Likes

What kind of centrifuge are you using for large batches? How many rpm etc

1 Like

Washing machine, Hobart salad spinner, UsFiltermaxx centrifuge

12 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Washing Machine “Salad Spinner” tek

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Washing Machine “Salad Spinner” tek

rosin seems to fit. u can explain it in 2 words. Heat’n Squeeze
plus u can build one anywhere u can find a harbor frieght

1 Like

Doubt there’s a harbor freight in the hills of rural Africa…

14 Likes

No electricity in the mountains and I’m trying to get a full spectrum oil to them.

1 Like

What about sifting, or bubble hash? It’s has literally been around for ever. Or in Nepal when the native people make “charas” they do so by rubbing the flowering plants between their hands. Then they use their thumb to collect and ball up the resin off their free hand. This way of hash making is very old. This sift can be your starting product and a great way to cut down the bulk .

7 Likes

what other types of extracts r full spectrum to you?
then ethanol is the only choice. if dry sift isnt full spectrum
even hash will be super hard cause without electricity u cant get ice. ice is harder to make then ethanol lol it can be grown anywhere on the planet from anything with sugar, it can be purified by simple methods
I use to work at a brewer’s supply store and taught people to make beer and making alcohol is ridiculously easy to make. u can literally make ethanol by chewing up fruits and spitting them into a jar

4 Likes

So what I want to try to achieve is to give them a liquid based solution. Something that is convenient to ingest and easy to make.
Some of the village elders won’t smoke or be seen smoking so I want to avoid them having to smoke it unless it calls for it ie; lung issues.
The dry sift is an option, but if a screen breaks then that’s goodbye to that.
The alcohol is definitely an option, they make there own home beer, but its just fermented maize. I guess it would have to be refined a bit more to make an efficient extraction solvent. There is plenty of smirnoff vodka around???

If this is for oral medication I think the best simple option is just extract with lipids. Basically like making cannabutter, so easy every kitchen could produce it.I feel this is the best option in light of the method of use.

7 Likes

Definitely. A warm butter extract? Not gonna taste good at all, but definitely get them high.

Another possibility would be a high pH water extraction, which if then brought back down to a low pH will crash THCa out. Not super efficient with jungle Tek, but doable. I’m sure there’s plenty of native plants that can swing the pH. Down is easy, oxalic acid is probably in some of the local plants, pHing well water up past 10 might require some ingenuity

13 Likes

This is probably gonna be the best way. Taste isn’t an issue and butter is available in the town and it is easy to make with no KABOOM.

1 Like

Just to be clear, a cooking oil would probably be preferable do to it’s liquid nature at lower temps, I was just trying to think of something widely available

4 Likes

butter oil can be made by clarifying butter very simply. just heat butter up and skim the butter fats. or do a full clarification with water. i still think ethanol would be the way to go cause if they make beer and dont hav a still then they helping them make one helps them in more ways then just making rso. showing a village that doesnt have a still how to make would be a big deal for water purification and infection prevention. and all tho people like weed most people in the world lik alcohol more
africans arent stupid and even if rural areas dont know how to make it themselves ethanol is traded far and wide in africa and i think there is a 0% chance they dont know what distilled liquor is.

3 Likes

How do you go about using a washer as a centrifuge? Mind I am not very familiar with using a centrifuge in the first place.

https://www.google.com/search?q=washing+machine+salad+spinner&oq=washing+machine&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l2j69i57j69i60j69i59.2892j0j7&client=ms-android-sprint-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I was going to link to something specific but there are quite a few links here worth looking at.

You can use an unmodified washer on spin cycle or can convert one to work on a timer with a little re-wiring. Hope that helps!

1 Like

yeah missed the links above. TY.

1 Like