Bucket Tek Upgrade

Will LCB approve?

Fat chance

2 Likes

Maybe if you start here :thinking:

https://www.usedstainlesssteelbarrels.com/shop/stainless-steel-barrels/55-gal-316-used-stainless-open-head-barrel-1-5mm-copy/

but you might as well get jacketed pressure vessels at that point…

3 Likes

Ya idk how much pressure I’d feel safe applying to a 55gal stainless drum…

that’s what the PRV is for :wink:

it’s also one reason going with the jacketed pressure vessel was suggested as the more prudent route…

2 Likes

Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget) - #11 for those not on a budget…

https://infinitysupercritical.com/2018/10/30/infinity-5-gallon-bucket-ethanol-winterization-solution-mixing-and-ethanol-botanical-extraction-system/

1 Like

that thing looks janky lol!

3 Likes

agreed.
frame appears bolted together.
barely.

4 Likes

The pricing is crazy too. I could just see people cracking them buckets full with material and ethanol.

$20k-50k for that. Some people are so pot crazy is nuts. How high do you have to be to think $20k for that is a good idea.

6 Likes

I think it’s the ethanol fumes or the terpenes

1 Like

I just bought 3x 40qt SS stick pots vs my usual 5g bucket for fear of cracking the bucket. Please tell me I didnt just toss 160.00 in the garbage.

2 Likes

ok. your stainless was a good investment.
you can’t cook potatoes in a plastic bucket.

6 Likes

Debatable

9 Likes

No need for debate. I concede that the plastic bucket and sous vide will get the spuds done. :wink:

5 Likes

What degree of mixing do you all do when your solvent is under -67°C? I’m going to be going with 2 washes each for 5 minutes. On the flip side, is there such thing as too much stirring? Merry Christmas everyone!

2 Likes

I use a large wood paint mix stick. I also soaked about 30-40 mins and got nothing but awesome liquid gold.

This was a dry ice soaked run. Super cold start to filter.

4 Likes

Wow! I’m just worried since I’m doing large runs of about 30lbs at a time, do you think this changes anything or do you think those soak times work regardless of quantity as long as it stays around dry ice temp?

1 Like

My 1st timei did a 10 min soak at dry ice temps. Imo, I left quite a bit of thc behind from the quick soak. This time i changed it up and did a longer soak, still at dry ice temps. Imo, I got pretty much all the thc, but still left all the nasties.

Heres a pic of my 40min Ish soak. In those 2x 40qt SS pots are about 15lbs (total) material.

This was ONLY filtered using a fritted disc buchner and celite 545. That’s it

I could have used about 1 gallon less of etoh for this wash. Reason is a lighter than golden color.

Shes being rotovaped now as I sit and babysit it

11 Likes

Looks great!!

I repeat: your stainless pots were a good investment.

First time you kick a plastic bucket at that temp it’s done.

Try a 4” stainless drill mounted paint mixer as an upgrade to the stick. Links have been posted a couple of times.

5 Likes

I’ve been using a large paint paddle and drill for yrs when I made bubble hash.

I have 6x HD buckets with cracks in the bottom from dry ice extracts!

3 Likes