Bucket Tek Upgrade

Wow! I’m just worried since I’m doing large runs of about 30lbs at a time, do you think this changes anything or do you think those soak times work regardless of quantity as long as it stays around dry ice temp?

1 Like

My 1st timei did a 10 min soak at dry ice temps. Imo, I left quite a bit of thc behind from the quick soak. This time i changed it up and did a longer soak, still at dry ice temps. Imo, I got pretty much all the thc, but still left all the nasties.

Heres a pic of my 40min Ish soak. In those 2x 40qt SS pots are about 15lbs (total) material.

This was ONLY filtered using a fritted disc buchner and celite 545. That’s it

I could have used about 1 gallon less of etoh for this wash. Reason is a lighter than golden color.

Shes being rotovaped now as I sit and babysit it

11 Likes

Looks great!!

I repeat: your stainless pots were a good investment.

First time you kick a plastic bucket at that temp it’s done.

Try a 4” stainless drill mounted paint mixer as an upgrade to the stick. Links have been posted a couple of times.

5 Likes

I’ve been using a large paint paddle and drill for yrs when I made bubble hash.

I have 6x HD buckets with cracks in the bottom from dry ice extracts!

3 Likes

-80C is just a hair cold…

turns out HDPE is probably good down to -60C

UHMW looks to go colder.

2 Likes

Looks amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

A BBQ rotisserie motor works well too. Some have multi speed. They spin slow , are gentle, and you can just leave it running for the duration of the soak.

4 Likes

one of them C1D2 BBQ rotisserie motors?

rated for propane…and we’re only using ethanol :rofl:

3 Likes

Yup, throw the roast on right after.! Lunch for the crew! Efficient!

3 Likes

Is that washing machine for your procedures?

Looks affordable except for that badass crane. Did you build that yourself? At first glance I thought your 55 gal barrel was hanging from a 2x4 lol.

Can anyone explain this a bit more? I kind of understand you’re pressurizing each vessel loaded with trim? And then the cannabinoid laced tincture gets pushed through the bottom via the top pressure, out and into the next barrel filled with trim? And then yoU keep going back and forth until you’ve washed all your trim I’m guessing? So the T you’re referring to is on the bottom? How is the pressure applied if the quick connect for air compressor is at bottom? Or is it suppose to go on top? How do you prevent material from traveling through the hose?

2 Likes