Big boy condenser

greetings does anyone have a link to any larger than normal condensers they have used and would recommend for me? thanks yall !

2 Likes

What are you trying to achieve?

3 Likes

We need a lot more on this one.

type of condenser, glass, stainless, sizes, process, what you are trying to do?

4 Likes

sorry stainless preferred somewhere around 1 inch for a liquid pump to push butane into

I hate to say it out loud but the tube n shell Bhogart sells aren’t bad if you wanna grab one now

4 Likes

I’m building finned tube heat exchangers,
This one in particular is being used as a cold trap.

You can run the butane through the straight stainless steel tube and circulate heat transfer fluid in the glass shell, or run your butane past the fins and circulate fluid through the straight pipe,

They’re fantastic for conducting heat from vapor streams to liquid streams, massive surface area, and very affordable compared to similarly sizedtube in shells, they are helix wound and continuously extruded by huge automatic welders that crank out hundreds of feet per day.

I can build these to any height and width,and if you’re afraid of glass I’ll put it in a stainless tube, it’s pretty cool to be able to see your liquid flowing though.

Dm me and I’ll put together a custom solution for you,

8 Likes

Running butane through big glass tubes? In what way has this piece been tested and approved for use with hydrocarbons such as butane?

3 Likes

Right? Lol…

1 Like

I thought we stopped doing that with open blasting

5 Likes

Custom solution

2 Likes

I love open blasting while wearing polyester and smoking 2 blunts, disty blunts to be exact

13 Likes

Looks like we started that with open blasting…

I am curious though.

1 Like

Running butane through stainless tubes… the glass houses the heat transfer fluid

1 Like

The butane would only ever contact 316 stainless steel that is fitted with high pressure process connections

Your reading comprehension needs work.

1 Like

Umm…

2 Likes

Reading comprehension flipped is writting comprehension. Do you even understand what you wrote above?

1 Like

In the case of gas on the fin side, one would be afraid of glass exploding, hence the following statement regarding using a stainless shell.

The pictured design is used as a cold trap in a distillation system.

I actually have one of these for sale. Huge, like almost weighs 200# I think

3 Likes

Ya havent used one of theres in yrs, its all counter flow coils now. They did do what they were suppose to and if you know who to call in china there way cheaper

1 Like

14 Likes