Big boy condenser

Thats the jam right there just need a chiller im not hailing multiple totes of dry ice everyday.

3 Likes

Lmao. No kidding. You’ve gotta shovel feed it

5 Likes

Its such a pain all the dry ice i hail as is, gonna probably go see bizzy and grab a chiller at some point. 3-400 a day adds up fast plus my time

6 Likes

We are too. Boss man is stoked about the ability to finance a 915

4 Likes

I just know the rabbit hole ill be going down, then ill buy more pumps etc. But i do wanna go see what he has no matter what, i really want a corken

2 Likes

Yeah? With a big enough chiller you can say fuck active recovery all together though can’t yah?

Theoretically I probably could but it would take some upgrades for all line sizes too be worth it for me

here is a model we make for useing dryice.

89 tubes 5 feet long 445 feet total of 3/8 tube the condenser has an internal grade, so liquid drains to the back.

bonus: here is a vid of inserting a tube into one of these condensers during the build:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkv-1OjX3t/

15 Likes

That’s dreamy. Can you tell us how much one of dem bad Larry’s run @Soxhlet? Beautiful!!

1 Like

Hi,
With plumbing, filter dryer, valves, and hoses they go for around 28k. That includes upstream and downstream plumbing. We can do delivery and install, and onsite custom welding that needs to go down to make it fit your system.

The actual condenser bare bones is 9,800

if you want the unit with a stand and no plumbing it can be had relatively cheap, the expensive part is valves, and 1.5 inch braided ss hoses.

Im also open to group buys, if we get 3x of them lined up I can do them for 9k flat each.

7 Likes

@FicklePickle what did the “xerist” cost you again?

I asked you at one point but can’t remember…

1 Like

Right around 2k

These things are absolutely amazing. But before anyone splurges for it, be sure to have enough vapor to actually feed it. That seems to be the bottle neck at the moment. That’s why the new system incorporates an ffe

8 Likes

How many tubes you got? Diameter?

this!

6 Likes

This only has 19 3/8 tubes. 4” overall with a 3” reducer at the top.

“Only” , lol. I still can’t keep up with it

3 Likes

Once you get a proper chiller you will wonder why you hauled ice for so long.

3 Likes

How many lbs per min were you able to get? We were able to break 15lbs/min with straight n-Tane.

7 Likes

My collection was hard mounted to the entire system, so the scale never read accurately.

I’d imagine because of my lack of vapor production the best I saw was around 4 or 5lbs a min

I could close the collection and let vapor pressure build for 10 min and it would consume that vapor in 2-3 min flat and then I’d need to build vapor again to really keep the monster fed.

Moral of the story, for big recovery making vapor is the bottle neck

5 Likes

So who do I call for a decent injection coil. The ones ETS installed are not doing it for me.

still hauling ass, that’s around 50cfm of vapor!

6 Likes

For sure, but it was just so limited.

How are you building enough vapor for yours?

4 Likes