BHO/PHO vs. Rosin

Anyone check out the Blue River Terps guys? Their solventless tech is awesome, they use a special machine to freeze the trichs and pull them off with static and sound waves. Then they use another metal micro filter to isolate the heads, then they press only that. No water to wash away terps. They claim their fats are as low as hydrocarbon extracts :thinking::thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

okay cool, what category should i use?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t mind trying their stuff. But meh. Not a rosin guy. Always chars my nail. Even that ā€œfuck what ya heardā€ solventlessmind dude. His rosin made my nail so dirty. And for 80g. I jus wanted to see if his talk was hyped up or not

@Dabszn247 you should definitely start with squish.

Iā€™ve seen it done commercially with a hair-straightener.
input was freeze dried bubble hash.

wasnā€™t economically viable.
but it was done.

1 Like

Squish all day and night

I only used dry ice extracted kief, then into rosin bags (25iu), pressed on a 20t, 3x5 plates at 220*f for 60 seconds, release, squish quickly again for 30 more seconds

5 Likes

ok so if you are not a professional do not get into bho
you can buy a cage press on ebay for 300 or less and an arbor freight press for 75 bucks and u are on your way!!! bho cost thousands and requires tons of knowledge its illeagle and theres enough idiots fucking it up alredy!!!

get a press and sum ebay rosin hot plates I, a qp of the most fire bud u can find and u be flippin gs for 50 bucks

im not trying to bash or anything there so much bad info on this site alredy its sad you will be way safer smokeing rosin just remember quality in quality out

2 Likes

jw Do u blast with cans and use a vac chamber!! Iā€™m not trying to talk shit at all man I started there but its a different day and age wen I was a kid we didnā€™t know better now we now you are poisoning yourself man!! you have to use proper solvent and purging at the very least.

1 Like

You want to point to some please?

Iā€™d say there is waaaay less gobbledygook here than any other site with similar subject matter.

If itā€™s bad, it needs to go.
If youā€™re wrong, you need to know.

If you just wave your hands and claim this place is all bullshit, then that will become the user experience.

If you see something you think is incorrect, say so. If youā€™re not sure, ask.

I can point to gems like this that say youā€™re exaggeratingā€¦

6 Likes

Or start one here it the correct location. Or go use the one I started for youā€¦

2 Likes

thank you bro

1 Like

yeah Iā€™m fully aware of all that, I just havenā€™t had the chance to upgrade yet. Whatā€™s wrong with a vac chamber? If you can pull a full vac on there, your purging will still happen as it would if it were in an oven. My stuff comes out as top shelf fire. I use puretane exclusively since I use cans.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing wrong w vac chamber and proper heating pad w controllerā€¦thatā€™s all I have w my cls kitā€¦Iā€™m live,sauce, diamonds based so no need

4 Likes

yo I should of said thread or post im not much of a computer guy not on here much my bad, this thread is for newbies trying to decide Bho vs rosin, the site is great!! and im just trying to steer kids away frow glass tubes and open blasting with cans.!! into pyrex dishes into vac pots!sure i want everyone to level up!!..but donā€™t do it selling trim run gs of tane soupe to your homies is all Im sayin! keep it clean and stay safe! thatā€™s all im preachin.

2 Likes

i bet you still smoke flower though

Only socially.

Howā€™s your no-till set? 4ā€™x4ā€™ planter box?

Ayyyyyyyy I fill tanks with that stuff.

Try a HeatVac

puretane? yeah that shits probably the best of the canned gas out there. I switched to cheaper gas when I got my CLS because I could distill it, but Iā€™m not happy with the mix that it is and want to go back to straight N-tane. The propane in there makes my pressures never really drop to 0 without dry ice and I usually run without it so I need that higher BP! The BVV tanks are appealing, I might try one of those next

Itā€™s 89.99$ to 100$ for a master cool recovery tank and around 124$ for a 24 case of purtane. You can load a recovery tank for around the same price as buying a tank. You can distill puretane quite easily.