BHO/PHO vs. Rosin

puretane 24 pack for $65 you say?

Sorry it’s 120$

Both processes can be very simple when understood. I learned how to make BHO in 2013, proud to say I figured out how to purge pretty quickly, Mastercool pump is my workhorse.

I would love to have a press on the side for Rosin, be dope. But the versatility of BHO and having a vacuum pump, it’s really cool, lots of different processes become available with the magic of pressure.

1 Like

Yeah I love dicking around with my vacuum oven. Vegetable oil will destroy a vacuum pump. I learned that by putting browing mix in there and purging it. They made amazing brownies not gonna lie but after doing that like 5-6 times I ended up destroying my 12 cfm.

2 Likes

Are you pressing any thca ?

I have been making bho for 6 years and Rosin about a year less than that, i just recently bought a rosin press and man its some much easier than making bho. Don’t get me wrong I love me some bho, but if its for personal use you can get some quick result that well definitely get the job done. For me making bho was a whole process that would take me about 50-60 hours working, monitoring and 2 -3 prep work all spread out.

Rosin style
Now i just go get some nice bud from the dispensary and press that out with my press, i normally press 3.5 grams in one press, and half oz at once takes an hour fucking easy lol, get you some micron screens and some parchment and your off.

My BHO style
My bho, I would carefully cut 3 oz of buds with trimming scissors into popcorn size and freeze for like a day, then i would have in my workshop a tuber-ware container with 91F water in it with my Pyrex dish sitting in that, essentially a “double boil” system with laboratory grade PTFE in a pyrex ready to be blasted into. I would also freeze the butane with the buds then pull all that out, after i loaded the buds in my 3 oz glass blasting tube, i used this sink grabber tool that worked to lightly pack the buds down to eliminate air gaps, then cover with a micron screen and unbleched coffee filters held with some rubber bands. i would open blast that onto the warm water “double boil” system, 3 cans of butane 1 per oz, while holding the tube and butane using pot holders you stick your hands in, also wearing a respiratory (painter’s son lots of those around). After running all the butane, i would go back inside my house from this shed and fill up this 2 liter bottle with warm water i would measure the temp to 91F or lower and switch out the water in double boil until the butane sauce was like a syrup consistency, this would take a hour or more been awhile don’t remember exactly , i would go off the look and viscosity to where its wasn’t very runny. Once i thought enough butane had evap outside i brought inside and placed in my vacuum chamber i had again sitting in a double boil system this time i had a thermometer sitting in the water that would beep if it ever got over the 91F temp i set ( so i could hear it while i was gaming lol). I didn’t have a very tall chamber, simple system bought from best value vacs. So i would have to pull a full vac and watch the muffin closely for about an hour until i could pull a full -30mg pressure vac and have the muffin stable and not touch the top of the chamber. i would then run a purge cycle of 48 hours of every 4 hours flipping and pulling full vac on the patty, and at the end i would have no bubbles and some very stable shatter!

2 Likes

Meanwhile…

I’ll get down on some clean bho but cmon. You want that real flower profile? You know where to find it :wink:

3 Likes

If you smoke bho you will grow boobs

I read it on ig so you better be careful.

Smoking rosin is almost as cool as being vegan/keto and doing CrossFit

10 Likes

Wtf?!?!?!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It’s true bro

3 Likes

I used to do open blast exactly like that, except instead of using a glass tube I was using the honey bee open blast polypropylene (I hope it’s polypropylene I feel like it’s plastic) extractor tube. I used to do it on my back porch.

2 Likes

All these open blast kids think they are so tough.

I used to just put trim in my mouth and suck down a half a can of butane. I’d gargle for 5 minutes and then spit on to a hot plate.

Str8 fyah.

11 Likes

If you are new, start with rosin. Poorly made rosin is safe to smoke. Poorly made BHO, RSO, ECT will harm you, family and friends health. Read read read read read before you work with pentane, butane, propane etc. Maybe ethanol is Ok for newbs, I never tried it but it sounds kinda tight.

1 Like

Ethanol is only worth it if you follow my tek other than that it’s absolute garbage for shatter. My tek maintains a fuck load of terps regular etoh runs do not. Secret is to wash buds with an emulsified bho mixture in etoh. Then double buchner with no media, evap and purge. There you have it a worth while HTE. Of course you still need to extract with butane before you wash your buds with the emulsified bho mixture but you still use etoh to dewax and make a more purified and tastier wax. I dubbed it super wax or “shwax” but I know no one here really gives a fuck about trying the tek.

1 Like

So you are saying every other person on this forums ethanol tek is garbage?

Just want to be clear LOL

2 Likes

Tha fuq?

1 Like

Do an extraction with bho.

Wash the oil with etoh

Use that mixture to wash buds

Filter once with buchner you’ll get something that looks like alien piss greenish gold

Do a second buchner and you’ll get gold

Evaporate into an oil

Purge that oil

HTE

Test it with a one once bho run and then wash an 8th of cannabis buds with the emulsified mixture. You’ll see what I mean.

1 Like

I don’t even know what to say to that

6 Likes

Tek

5 Likes

For terpene retention I’d say yes. Etoh usually kills the terps hence the washing with an already extracted oil that’s emulsified in etoh.

1 Like