Benzene in KUSH SUPPLY / KUSH CO / GREENLANE / GAS INNOVATIONS / DIVERSIFIED

It would seem a bit bias to say let’s exclude my supplier then and focus a little bit more down the supply chain?

2 Likes

I can see your point, but if their gas was bad wouldn’t a huge percentage of users have output that failed for benzene?

What company produces the gas you use/sell?

Have you/your customers popped for benzene?

i dont really sell gas. Ive only drop shipped a few tanks ever. the last tank i sold was from high precision gas and it was sold with an individual tank COA(because this issue) which we paid extra for. Not a single tank ive ever drop shipped has had this issue.

BUT…I have a lot of customers with this issue with the gas that was not supplied by me. They aint upgrading steel if they are having to remediate medusa stone and throw away product…

what if its not benzene and its polypropylene in high concentrations??

3 Likes

The chalky diamond threads have shown concern about propylene and ethylene. Let’s keep this one on benzene.

2 Likes

Benzene issues? We haven’t had any. We have seen some fast crashing. Not a Diversified product.

1 Like

The gas suppliers dont care thats the issue.

“Gas supliers dont care”. What???

There are good and bad suppliers in all industries. The big question is why would anyone deal with a supplier that doesn’t care about the products they are selling? There are other suppliers available. Check your options.

5 Likes

Please reach out if you were effected by the Benzene contamination in your solvent. Our attorney is starting a class action lawsuit. Thanks.

9 Likes

2202CGL0541.1212 - Syndicate Lancaster - Gelato x Terry T x Terry T.pdf (558.8 KB)

This sample was sent in before purging. Our first r&d test that showed benzene in the sample. Gonna have management look for the batch of butane responsible for this run.

2 Likes

Ever wondered what solvent blend you were running?

16 Likes

what’s up with the shoulder on the propane peak? maybe I smoked too much sativa this morning.

1 Like

@TRIPPIE was right….(isobutane)

Edit: not the shoulder you meant. No clue. Higher loading shows more peaks.

6 Likes

looks nice and symmetrical there to the baseline on both sides. The first one didn’t look quite symmetrical and had that shoulder like there was a hidden peak coeluting.

2 Likes

I’ll take a look at (possibly post) the higher loadings of yesterday’s gas blend.

I’m sampling liquid as it goes into the bottom of the column. there are likely compounds that have come from our biomass in there. I haven’t formalized (figured out how to) sample our incoming cylinders yet.

the above are 1:10000 dilutions of the sampled gas. at 1:10 I can see more peaks. actually identifying them is an entirely different matter.

On the list of todo’s is to (safely) detonate a full sampling bag so that everybody thinking of following along at home understands the magnitude of stupidity involved.

Might try involving the fire department on that one. Except they might then tell me I’m not allowed to play this game.

:thinking:

@kcalabs: how big of a butane filled tedlar bag can I send you?!?

Edit: here is the 1:1000 in black on top of the 1:10,000 in red.

My dilutions are not precise, but they seem reproducible.

Figuring out who this little guy is might be informative…

10 Likes

We may have another option than sending a bag of highly flammable gas across the country. The tedlar is good for testing it yourself or delivering it directly to a lab.

Let me find out what the team wants to send you to collect in that is safer to ship to us.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Like I said in the other post, I’m going for propene/propylene.

See peaks 5,6 below.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Here is a link to the alternative: Volatile Collection Trap, VCT

In order to accurately test it we’ll have to perform method development.

If we could perform headspace analysis from the tedlar bag that’d be ideal.

Do you have a local lab that can do the work with the bags?

4 Likes

We have one we can use in Los Angeles.

2 Likes