Diamonds turning into chalk post separation

Well, unless the good butane picks up, holds onto, and/or even analytically “hides” the contaminant the same way it occurs in bad butane, right, @moronnabis ? That’s why I suggested using half-medusoid (partially zombified) crystals dissolved in n-pentane… since pentane works to dissolve and withhold, evolve, or otherwise allow the crystals to form normally, one would expect the contaminant to show up in the sealed headspace or the medusoid-supersaturated solution of pentane.

14 Likes

If unknown contaminant “X” was somehow incorporated into the crystal structure
of a “Medusa” or adsorbed onto the surface???
I think there are well known “solvent” effects on the crystallization dynamics and structure
that do not necessarily include being incorporated in such a manner.
In this topic, I think there was previous discussion about detailed head space analysis
by GC-MS…but it being expensive because for low MW alkanes it would take a special set up…
Would it not be easier just to add propylene or ethylene to (control) “good butane” and look for medusa vs diamonds…???
If the head space analysis (or analysis of mother-liquid pentane) is readily available it seems fine.

1 Like

I can do this

6 Likes

@Dred_pirate Please, it is possible someone could end this whole section
with one good experiment.

4 Likes

Apparently, I may have already done the groundwork for understanding this. I just realized it, today. Stay tuned!

11 Likes

:hear_with_hearing_aid:

@Dred_pirate Sir, I’m going to need you to blow in this bag…

and If we need to, I’m sure our GC is up for a road trip as well…

9 Likes

I’ll blow into whatever you give me

4 Likes

Fixed
:wink:

4 Likes

As long as you say “what a lovely tea party” at the end

7 Likes

We could trace the source and spread by coloring in states where we know this is happening. Track the invasion of the medusa stone?

20220404_MedusaStoneMap

1 Like

Everything circled in red has Medusa gas.

29 Likes

No way?

1 Like

Yes way. It’s a nationwide issue. That’s 100% confirmed.

3 Likes

Has to be the gas then. Can’t be anything else. Are there any international cases?

@Roguelab @YYCMMJ y’all here about any of these issues around your parts?

3 Likes

Certainly in Canada yes but our supply is the same as yours.

1 Like

Definitely in the supply lines here, very noticeable today

2 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

thca in a cardboard box… you guys definitely dont lab the same :wink:

28 Likes

Hahaha! Laughed so hard sorry

5 Likes