Diamonds turning into chalk post separation

Everything circled in red has Medusa gas.

29 Likes

No way?

1 Like

Yes way. It’s a nationwide issue. That’s 100% confirmed.

3 Likes

Has to be the gas then. Can’t be anything else. Are there any international cases?

@Roguelab @YYCMMJ y’all here about any of these issues around your parts?

3 Likes

Certainly in Canada yes but our supply is the same as yours.

1 Like

Definitely in the supply lines here, very noticeable today

2 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

thca in a cardboard box… you guys definitely dont lab the same :wink:

28 Likes

Hahaha! Laughed so hard sorry

5 Likes

Did anything ever come of this suggestion? I mean by way of experiment? The only exception being the concept of
A catalytic effect…shifting the crystallization dynamics from diamond-THCA to medusa…but not a “complex” co-crystal.

Since the time of the original post…someone has posted that
Medusa crystals have much high melting points than diamond crystal….is this confirmed.

In which case…someone needs XRay diffraction data to go forward. Or perhaps a ion-spray(ESI) direct into MS redissolved in pentane.?

Is Medusa always associated with “flash boil” or “rapid boil”
Phenomenon?

Mohammed Mohammed Said
Mansoura University”
I am trying to give credit to the author of this description.
I want to make everyone aware of the complex phenomenon that may occur in a solution of butane that seems to be boiling.

** * Cavitation is the process of rupturing a liquid by decrease in pressure at roughly constant liquid temperature. If the liquid at constant temperature undergoes to a decreasing pressure, p, which falls below the saturated vapor pressure, pv. The value of (pv -p) is called the tension, and the pressure you mean will be the pressure of the liquid which is compared with saturated vapor pressure. The cavitation phenomenon to occur the pressure must be raised again to high value than the vapor pressure to lead cavity collapsing.

• Flashing is the process of rupturing a liquid by decrease in pressure at roughly constant liquid temperature but differ from cavitation that the decreased pressure eventually remains lower than the vapor pressure and doesn’t recover again.
  • Boiling is a rupturing of the liquid by increasing the temperature at roughly constant pressure. A liquid at constant pressure may be subjected to a temperature, T, in excess of the normal saturation temperature, Ts. The value of dT=T-Ts is the superheat, and the point at which vapor is formed, DTC, is called the critical superheat.**

The physical chemistry of what appears to be rapid boiling of a Butane extract…is quite different from the solution chemistry.
Now I ask the question again, do medusa crystals only appear in butane solutions that are off gassing by means of the phenomenon that appears to be a rapid boil?

I am suggesting that a null hypothesis to the “contaminate issue” would be that
New post 2021 butane gas contains just a slight variation of hydrocarbon ratios…
And that the altered ratio is just enough to give rise to the “cavitation/rapid boil”
Phenomenon. That it is the physiochemical properties that obtain at interfacial
Vapor bubble /solution interface which give rise to the precipitation of the medusa form of the THCA crystal. It happens very rapidly. Just something to think about.

3 Likes

Bahahaha you shoulda seen where I found it. California’s about to not lab the same :vulcan_salute::v::call_me_hand: :palm_tree::parasol_on_ground:

2 Likes

Well We’ve never had this issue in our lab so… yes we don’t lab the same :grimacing::sunglasses:

Ps. Were offering consulting opportunities to fix the fast crash and medusa issues any lab might be facing, jar tech is dead were in the age of WILLBILLYTEK now, don’t get left behind :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Once u told me how much it would cost to grow fat rocks I kind of figured out my own method the next day. God is good :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Its def a industrial SOP and priced as such, Happy you found something that works for ya man! If you ever want 18 boulders though lmk

4 Likes

I definitely might!

Congrats!
You have a SOP….can you explain it…or black box voodo?
Is your theory behind the SOP coherent?
That is all?

2 Likes

He’s too busy explaining it presently to a client lab. You can prioritize explanations with a consult too! ^___^ yall have a good one :]

2 Likes

Do you mean the black box voodoo?

Or a “simple” description of pure cannabinoic acid in pure butane?

Black box voodoo def
:chopsticks::curry::ramen:

3 Likes