H2O2 shown as probable cause of rapid crashing "Medusa Stone"

It’s night time out. It’s because of the sun.

2 Likes

For some strange reason it insists on spending about half its time on the wrong side of the earth🤦‍♂️

1 Like

Wierd I thought we spun around it.

1 Like

PSHHHH everything revolves around earth humans dont ya know!!

5 Likes

i use 70/30 mix of n-butane and propane and just started having this issue last week soooo definitely not iso butane

1 Like

you sure about that kitten?

What's in YOUR solvent tank (today)?

I certainly see iso in my 70/30 butane/propane mix…

12 Likes

you ever test your gas to confirm there is no isobutane in the tank?

@cyclopath damnit you beat me to the punch! lol

7 Likes

Hey you guys I’m still 90% sure the culprit is isobutane. I only run isobutane and have done dozens of attempts at reX with very consistent results. If you want me to publish my findings, I can. I just need 1 million-bajillion dollars.

1 Like

not as of yet this just hit my lab last week during a shatter campaign…pure nightmares!!

1 Like

What temp is your extracxt at when you pour? if you go 70f and above you can usually get past the issue.

3 Likes

Shatter is easy to fix I can help you check dm

2 Likes

Share with the class!!

4 Likes

100 million dollars! :laughing:

2 Likes

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

1 Like

I used to exclusively extract with my own blend of butane propane and iso. And for a while even ran pure iso before I had figured out my blend. Back in 2017 my diamonds from a 60/30/10 Iso,Butane,Propane mix and never ever had the fast crash issue or medusa stones. The test results on the coa’s I used to get from cannagas back in 2020 always had small amounts of iso < .5% in the gas and never had issues until march 2021. So if I get ISO and it makes diamonds with no issue then it shows it is not the iso. But I believe it will still fast crash with iso coming from these suppliers because what ever is contaminating the butane in one of the filling processes is probably gonna do the same. At this point it might be a fun test and have nothing to lose

7 Likes

Do a wet jar with your 65deg sop and then do a thick nearly-muffining jar at 85-95 (whatever it takes to achieve a crystal clear solution that is fully dissolved.

Here’s a cold tek jar (55 deg f) wet with solvent

Here’s hot jar tek with residual solvent

3 Likes

I was talking to a real live chemist this morning before breakfast, like that’s his real job.
I told him about the Medusa gas, and while I doubt that something in such small amounts could cause it, he said that maybe if one could check the temp as it’s distilling (maybe do it super small) maybe either at the end or the beginning there would be a different temp distilling and could look at that temp area for the culprit
I figured parts per bajillionnnn probably wouldn’t fuck with shit, but it’s fucking with crystallization, for sure…
Shit there was something else but I forgot

1 Like

The middle one looks like it’s starting the same thing but you just got jar it to get the regular quick crash crystals
I see it as soon as I pour

Thanks for all the info! Super useful

Well I finally ran out of my liquid gold (year+old n butane)
Filled the tank up and I’m now in it at both locations. Been a fun year on easy mode growing fat monos easy af at the one location but new solvent and after a year of no problems at one spot and constant at the other I’m not in Medusa hell at both locations.

These were poured a few days ago with old butane and are on their way to being some nice fat monos.

This was same material, new gas. Crashed out sugar in a few hours. Couldn’t have done this even if I wanted to before.

What ever it is, is coming from the butane tanks. My year long split test came to an end and I for one sure wish it would have been the biomass but that is impossible based off of what I have seen.

22 Likes