Benzene in KUSH SUPPLY / KUSH CO / GREENLANE / GAS INNOVATIONS / DIVERSIFIED

exactly. I cleared it up later that I made a mistake but the main point was LEX on multiple occasions has said his solvent is so clean it doesn’t need to be distilled. Clearly he cant grasp the fact that there was still lots of shit in his gas. @SolventDirect 1 tank or 10 tanks your shit is dirty still.

11 Likes

I would like to proceed with testing the gas used to extract the product that failed for benzene. Without even checking with the manufacturer, I’m sure they join everyone in the industry in wanting to confirm, identify the source and actively resolve the issue.

Knowing that no company involved wants a this issue to give them a black eye, everyone in the supply line will be scrambling to point the finger elsewhere. To limit the finger-pointing, we really need to analyze the gas in the large tank that holds residual of the gas used to generate the product that failed for benzene . You ok with that? Hell, maybe we ought to get a few cylinders from you…

If the cylinder(s) we test don’t show C6+ contamination, you still have to locate the source.

If it/they do/does, we’ll forward to 3rd party lab for confirmation of our results. With those 2 analyses in hand, we’ll approach the manufacturer & forward the cylinder to them for their analytical confirmation, which will be hard to deny.

We analyze the gas in our bulk tanks after receiving deliveries and have never found C6+. I’ve waived the Diversified flag for years. They are an ISO certified facility that must perform testing to comply with their written protocols. I’d be shocked if anyone received off-spec product from the plant.

We’ll get to the bottom of this issue.

4 Likes

Who do you work for again?

Where are you in the supply line?

2 Likes

@SolventDirect @SolventDirect_BigM

Will one u send me a tank on concern so I can test it for science. A person that’s never seen these results if it comes in and I instantly at start getting chalk diamonds then we know the proof is in the pudding or gas I should say.

I just wanna see if I can make chalk diamonds with it tbh

1 Like

If I recall it was neopentane and/or propylene that was the reason for the chalking…or maybe I am missing something

1 Like

O shit whoops I haven’t been reading a long to well on this one thanks buddy

So the 13x beads fixes the issue?

No proof to back it up, those are just more assumptions and guesses.

There is still no solid evidence to what causes the chalky diamonds. only theories at this point.

8 Likes

Correct, only presumptions at this point

8 Likes

I’m owner of and operations director for Quality Extractions in Northwood, OH. Been in the spec gas and chemical industry for 30+ years.

I’ve enjoyed being a customer of Diversified for 20+ years and are one of only a few companies that’s a first-tier distributor of their hydrocarbons. We’re on par with industry giants like GI, Airgas and Prax. Being smaller allows us to be more nimble and customer service oriented. Our company provides good product, short lead times, attractive pricing and quick reaction to customer requirements. We have some regional customers and re-sellers and offer shipment by common carriers to large end user accounts and re-sellers. Shipping becomes affordable when moving pallet quantities.

Sorry if that sounded like an ad.

2 Likes

Jesus thank you for saying something… I’m going to lose it on that guy and only haven’t because of the respect I have for Adam

1 Like

There’s blue diamonds and powdery/sugar’d diamonds getting made in 2021, both from ‘contaminate’ reasons
:joy::ok_hand:

1 Like

Do we have sugary blue diamonds yet?
:joy::joy::joy:

Maybe we will see them, in 2022 :dizzy_face:

1 Like

First 2022 report of popping for benzene just rolled in from Washington and I finally noticed something similar to a report from last year out of Oregon. Both accounts were serviced by Linde (f/k/a Praxair), both were 70b/30p, and I managed to get my hands on both item numbers they were sold.

OR: BU PR30ZU FX
WA: BU PR30ZU FX

Trying to parse these I could pretty easily determine BU = nBut, PR = Prop, 30 is the Prop content with the balance being nBut, and FX is their reference to the LP239 tank size. Couldn’t for the life of me figure out what ZU was so I went digging on their site and found that it stands for uncertified specification. Even though they offer item number BU PR30CS FX, with the CS being Certified Standard. See:

BU PR30ZU FX
vs.
BU PR30CS FX

Notably, the ZU product page specifies that the gasses are “2.5.” Three separate brick and mortar locations have represented to me that 2.5 grade gas from Linde is 99.99% pure. None of the three would comment on the disparity in item numbers.

My theory is that the local stores are pulling a bait and switch. Anyone using Linde, check your invoices in detail. I’d love to see the price difference between ZU and CS, as I think the use of ZU products is driving down local ASP’s and exposing the market to inferior product while simultaneously padding their margins.

15 Likes

This could be a huge find!! Nice work Adam!!

9 Likes

The UZ in the Prax part number means UnanalyZed, indicating that the blend was not tested for accuracy after it was produced. That’s in line with industry standards as nobody analyzes to confirm the weight of each component in the 70/30 blend.

The CS stands for certified standard. I’ve only seen it in reference to vapor phase blends. Those blends can be certified by being made on a NIST scale or by analysis.

Adam, any chance you could get the lot number from one or both of those bad tanks?

3 Likes

Just looked, the invoices include the lot number for the N2 ordered but not the hydrocarbons.

4 Likes

So wtf is the verdict here. Is there a supplier who has avoided the issue entirely?

Without starting another pissing patch between suppliers I suggest we look at the problem another way.

Kroger’s and Walmart have both been retailers of romaine lettuce tainted with e-coli. Because they sell pre-packaged romaine, The FDA looks for commonalities upstream from these companies. Specifically with the packagers, growers and transporters of the food from the growers to the packagers.

Diversified is by far the largest supplier of instrument grade odorless hydrocarbons to the industry. If their gas was bad, 90+% of end-users output would pop for benzene and that has not happened. They test for C6 and we test their bulk deliveries to confirm their results and haven’t seen benzene - ever. The manufacturer should be excluded from the list of suspects.

Might there be another commonality in these supply lines?

1 Like

do you buy from diversified as well?

Yes, with deliveries directly from their plant to our facilities. They analyze samples pulled from transport after filling. We analyze samples pulled from our bulk tanks after accepting deliveries.