Benzene in KUSH SUPPLY / KUSH CO / GREENLANE / GAS INNOVATIONS / DIVERSIFIED

What if all these guys just want something and someone to blame for their negligent accounts ? What if they are using any excuse to not pay their bills?

2 Likes

First google search for “filtration of benzene” literally points to activated carbon as a way to filter it from water. I got a lot of activated carbon on hand. I also picked up a hydrocarbon trap which I believe is doing this exact thing. I guess it’s worth a shot. I would need to test butane before and after distillation. Problem is that testing may not show things that may settle at the top of the tank.

I was just thinking that - what about something like a molecular sieve. Those are widely used in chemical and crude which would apply to this situation. I was also thinking about something like a gas scrubber but I’m not sure that would be able to do the job.

Another concern I have is for the actual processors…if benzene is potentially present in their product and they aren’t aware of it then it could potentially be exhausting into their facility (if not properly ventilated and we know many that aren’t). I would hate to find out that this was an issue and these processors have been exposed to a carcinogen unknowingly. I know we are exposed to many in various other sources but its worth mentioning.

1 Like

You are so right! Safety is a huge concern for the operators. And what about there EPA? If we do distill this out, then what? Those paper towels covered with benzene are HazMat!

3 Likes

Exactly! I’m working on a blog post about this right now!

2 Likes

I always distill thru a column of activated charcoal before my mol sieve. Had gas contaminated with sulpher compounds from air gas a few times and this always solved it. Switched to kushsupply who drop ships from gas innovations and havent had any issues or even any carbon/contaminate at the bottom of the collectiom column after distillation but still use the charcoal for preventative measures.

Also started taking a pound of solvent from every tank, reducing it with some already processed extract prior to distilling and sending for residual solvent analysis. No chance of benzene contaminating my product now

10 Likes

Moldynug…please continue to Wake 4200 up!
draw a picture or send a photo of your rig.
Please help these people out.

2 Likes

xD what value over GI do they provide? Out of curiosity

Testing testing 123 new phone. New troll

Convenience. That’s the only reason. Easy to get a purchase approved by management for companies that order all their packaging materials, empty carts, drams, etc through Kush. For my last company we could order whatever we needed from Kush/Greenlane or Uline and charge it to the company account but if something broke and we had to buy it locally or from a different vendor it was a whole process to get the OK. Makes it easier when head of cultivation, packaging, extraction, etc all can just order what they need when they need it.

In a perfect world you wouldn’t have to jump through hoops to justify to some Chad that you can’t do your job without that item but that’s corporate cannabis for you. I agree that it’s unnecessary but in practice it can be hard to buy things from different vendors when you’re working for a big company. Especially when the person who has to give you the approval doesn’t understand cannabis operations and/or is incentivized to not spend money.

8 Likes

Honestly I think where the real application applied is their discount / bulk sales gets them to a tier that nobody else has access to

But we all have access to buy the same rate as them if we can produce equally in sales or beat them.

Net 30s and other conveniences like media + solvent delivered is an obvious convenience.

I’m not dogging it, but forever begging the question how do these companies differentiate other than location? Would be nice to map out.

A big question is at what stage in size / ordering do you go direct?

1 Like

The cost of logistics can be off the hook. Who are you wanting to buy direct from?

2 Likes

Nobody in particular, the question is at what stage do you if ever cut out the the middle men? I’m assuming when a sizable bulk order is needed or Installing of your own tanks on property

http://www.separationprocesses.com/Distillation/DT_Chp06c07.htm

anyone ever test their ethanol?

apparently benzene is used to break the ethanol/water azeotrope

3 Likes

Looks like shitty ethanol might be the culprit here as well

12 Likes

We offer lp test bags for independent verification and all of our coa’s and cod’s are searchable from our online repository. Solventdirect.com/documents

1 Like

We never talk about our clients or their businesses to anyone, we responded to misinformation and misrepresented photos openly posted by big oil.

Did you read the part where big oil admitted the photos he posted were taken after 10 cylinders (over 1000lbs of gas) was distilled and failed to mention this in his original post of photos?

We heard from the tech that distilled the gas our product was significantly cleaner than other vendors who’s gas he distilled.

@pdxcanna We’ve been warning forum readers about this for a while now. Make sure you are buying from reputable food, bev, flavor, fragrance etc manufacturers… about 95% of US ethanol production is fuel source and may NOT be safe for extraction.

The fuel source guys found the sanitizer play when gasoline ethanol blending slowed at beginning of pandemic. When the FDA called them out on the sanitizer issues and the emergency compounding guidelines were amended, did you notice a few new ethanol distributors pop up over the last year or two selling into our industry?

If you’re seeing ethanol pricing that’s too good to be true (compared to traditional food and bev grade), might be worth looking into the standard of your supply even if the fda isnt looking still…

#knowyoursource

1 Like

All our coa’s and cod’s are published on our website and they are all searchable by serial number. Our bulk handling standards, filtration, qc and testing protocol were all engineered specifically and exclusively for this standard. We partnered with one of the most reputable cylinder cleaning, reconditioning and re-qualification companies in the country to bring you the consistency and reliability of our lpg division.

Would love to give you a tour of one of our bulk facilities so you can see first hand what we’ve built to ensure safe lpg products engineered for extraction.

Dm me. Ill buy your flight and dinner.

2 Likes

Growing strange af but chalk or no chalk? That is the question :v:

Regardless how many tanks he distilled. “Mystery” oil was still present. So to post on Ig that you are free and clear of mystery oil is misleading…

Use an inline activated charcoal filter and distill afterwards?