Beating the "shred" horse

I was looking for one of these critters…brand not important.

Edit: moving this from the classifieds, because there is some useful information here, and I’ve solved my (immediate) biomass commutation problem.

2 Likes

Why not get one from high tech shredders? They are cheap and work great and ship fast.

Are you seeking a used one or one that is local?

2 Likes

was looking for instant gratification.

solved the immediate problem with another implementation of “hand screened”

and imo the difference in yield should be enough to convince this boss to grab something more automagic also…although not having been forced to do it the hard way it might still be an uphill battle.

2 Likes

I am going to be so disappointed with you if the next embodiment of this device isn’t pedal powered

3 Likes

seriously though!

that actually kept me awake last night…

slow moving version of the precious plastics open source shredder. powered by stationary bike. feeding directly into my 6"x24" socks.

5 Likes

I have one of these barely used that I can send you @cyclopath. I always thought it would be great if it were motorized. As-is it’s exhausting…like the trim bag that you have to shake around over your head :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I see it being an easy adjustment for peddle power there.
Couple belts, and some glue…
The video looks lame! Is that where you put your problem children at work?

1 Like

seems like it might do the trick if you placed the weed between the blades…and yeah wiggling that shit would get old real quick!!

3 Likes

Do you want it? Free-99. Just pay for the S&H

2 Likes

thank you kindly. I’m gonna say I’ve already got enough finger removers around here :wink:

@thesk8nmidget just reminded me that he used a plastic granulator…so I’m gonna push for some incarnation of the precious plastics “shredder”…harder this time, because the voices in my head have been suggesting it for years, and at this point I just have to know

will it be pedal powered?

probably not in production, but that might be a stage it goes through during R&D.

5 Likes

What is it?

I need a tumbler

Oh

I read the thread

Yes, this is neat-
You need something to garble plant stuffs?

I can manufacture a custom
solution, come up to Portland sometime and bask in the glow of our giant vagina

All aboard The @cyclopath Garbler express

not saying it’s the right approach. just that it looks like one I need try…

human powered shredder

3 Likes

First test run video is linked below. We ended up adding a wood shop dust collector vacuum that led from the receiving hopper into a custom made super sack holder that would fill an empty super sack.
I had a conveyor belt for feeding as well but never implemented it.
https://streamable.com/5ivq4v

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Biomass Grinding at various scales?

This is not what you want…you will get mostly dust and your particle size distribution will be all over the place. Call me about our @KannaMill equipment! 585-794-8703.

2 Likes

the hopper and exit chute are givens, its the internals that make all the difference. show us the business end…

without pictures of the internals, it’s not much more convincing than

(and without new internals, this thing is just plain silly :wink: )

2 Likes

2 Likes

Funny I have ran thousands of pounds though this and particle size is actually very consistent and I’m not getting only dust. Yes there is some fines that get caught in the top of my dust collection bag as it should.

What’s the cost on your mill with dust collection added? I have less than 2 grand into this setup and have had zero issues and it rips though biomass better than a handful of other grinders and mills built specifically for this industry.

2 Likes

Sorry @thesk8nmidget, I was referring to @cyclopath’s weed whacker/shredder. After looking at your video, @thesk8nmidget, it doesn’t look half bad. Our @KannaMill equipment starts at $16k for the carbon steel model and includes collection bin, dust collection, two screens, 3/4HP motor and VFD. It can process up to 100 lbs/hr and is mostly used for extraction and prerolls. Happy grinding!!

3 Likes

Not mine. But I’ve used them. Would absolutely have solve the problem I was dealing with at the scale I was dealing with for a price but the boss could grok

However, he’s already built a much larger machine in there so it does the job. So it’s no longer my problem. At least right now…